PLUS.NET are CRAP

jimmer409® 19:37 12 Dec 06

been with for a ear in mar 07, nothing but agro, pay £21.99 per month for up to 8M service. tonight running at
ISP Tools
Speed Test Results
Date 12/12/06 18:23:06
Speed Down 257.43 Kbps ( 0.3 Mbps )
Speed Up 171.37 Kbps ( 0.2 Mbps )
Link: click here
You can give out this URL to other people to show them this speedtest result. thinking of changing isp, forget plus.net, worse than bt, can't wait until my contract is up with this poor provider. they always blame everyone else, but my hard earned money must be going to pay some fat cat ceo not to upgrade and provide good service.

Jimmy14 20:15 12 Dec 06

My letter to the chief executive of Tiscali Uk is being posted tomorrow to complain about their under-trained disgraceful techincal support department and I can't even understand them because their based in India. My speeds are also terrible. I keep getting fobbed of with "We will get back to BT to tell them your issue hasn't been resolved". I am fed up with them and after I get a reply from their Director, I will most definitely be cancelling.

jimmer409® 20:32 12 Dec 06

can't understand these companies, they spend millions advertising for your business and than give you crap service in return, if plus.net go down the pan tomorrow, they deserve it, they don't listen to the customer. plus.net wake up this is 2006, if you stumble for gods sake don't fall, and if you fall every isp in the uk will walk over you and you will never get up again.

and after 6 months i still cant keep internet comms for a whole day on my 1.5 meg (8meg) bt 'total' bb. in that 6 months iam becoming fluent in indian, and when i am i shall be able to tell them how to wire a plug!
it's a disgrace!!

Input Overload 21:08 12 Dec 06

BT have bought PlusNet click here

they want to put a bit of money into there products, and maybe set up some, any kind of half decent customer support, but as long as they make there profit to hell with there many suffering customers.
i wonder how many people actually stay longer than 12 months? i know i shall not!

jimmer409® 18:17 14 Dec 06

if plusnet bought by bt, no question about it, will probably switch to namesco they seem to be on top of the isp pile at the moment.

HondaMan 18:10 16 Dec 06

is a subsidiary of Plus Net, and I have to express almost complete satisfaction with them. They had problems a week or two back, but that was resolved. I cannot find a better provider at the same or less cost for my needs, so at present, I'm staying put!

Be fair to plusnet if you have used my questions usually you will receive a quick response and you can continue to question until you are satisfied.
I have been with plusnet for several years and at times I was frustrated with them but by selecting a particular grade of service I am now reasonably happy Plusnet did upgrade my exchange to Max but the BT line does not fidn the top speed anytime except around 2.00am to 4.00am morning it will drop to 3.6 Mon to Frid 5 on Sat often better in the afternoons but evenings vary a lot depending on users online via the same exchange I have tried many speed trials form different sources to prove to myself what normally happens
Plusnet do give a fairly good back up service

Stuartli 11:13 18 Dec 06

Perhaps you had better have a look at this link..:-)

click here

jimmer409® 11:28 18 Dec 06

thanks stuarti, but i still think 157kbps is unacceptable, no matter what excuses are given. defeates the whole concept of broadband. if the're problems that caused slowdown plusnet should have identified it quickly and informed members via it's service status page. trying to work with 157 is dreadful and bearly up on dial-up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos