plus net purchase of metro net

lignum vitae 12:20 28 Nov 05

I have been a very happy customer of metronet for two years and have just been advised they have been purchased by plusnet.I know nothing about plus net and would like anyone using Plus net to advise if they are a reasonable ISP or should I start looking for someone else.

Rigga 12:29 28 Nov 05

I have used Plus Net for around 3 years, and find them to be an excellent ISP.

I have recommended them to many people, friends, family, forum members, all of whom are happy as far as I know.

Speeds are always good, and their support have always been prompt when i've had queries.

Although they do have a fair use policy, and do throttle P2P applications during peak times. As I don't use P2P or the binary news groups then I find them good. And I also approve of their fair use policy.

check them out here > click here <

R.

Aspman 12:41 28 Nov 05

Been a happy customer for a year and I've had the same worries after hearing about the buy out. (I've posted in speakers corner also).

Stuartli 15:05 28 Nov 05

It's a similar story with Pipex taking over Freedom2Surf recently - Pipex is a well respected ISP.

hooley17 15:41 28 Nov 05

I joined plus net in Aug 05. Initially on the basic package £14.99 for up to 2Mb service on a 50:1 ratio, un-limited download. P2P and binary downloads were terrible, avge 5Kb. This month they introduced the 30min auto disconnect, that was the final nail in the coffin for me with the basic package.

I upgraded to the Premier package £21.99 / 30:1 ratio. Service has been v. good. p2p/binary download speeds now excellent 80-100kbs. I'd recommend 'em.

bluenote 21:42 28 Nov 05

I changed from plusnet to metronet not because I was dissatisfied with their service ,but because metronet's suited me more.If their service is still the same you need not worry.

bibo1465 20:29 01 Dec 05

hi lignum vitae

I plus net, i have been with them for 10 months, i love this ISP,it is excellent isp,very reliable.never disconnect me,brilliant service.

Do not hesitat to use them.

At least they have technical support 24/7/365.

Which other ISP open 24/7/365.

I would recommend anyone wants to buy boradband to use plusnet.you will never regret it.

what ever you choose

good luck
bibo1465

Europa 21:33 01 Dec 05

After being messed about by a couple of internet service providers, I have moved to Plusnet over three years ago and never looked back. I have found their customer service excellent and would recommend them.

lignum vitae 19:18 02 Dec 05

Thanks for all your input

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…