Please recommend a Printer

jt84 16:54 10 Nov 10

Hi there,

I would be greatful if anyone can recommend me a printer for home business. I work as a freelance clerk and print full colour reports including photos daily. At the moment I use a HP Photosmart C3180 but its becoming very expensive and also sometimes the paper slips and it ends up dragging 2 or 3 sheets of paper in at once, as I print double sided, this causes alot of problems.

My budget is as cheap as possible without sacraficing print quality. I was looking at laser printers but do not know where to start.

Thank you!

:)

HondaMan 19:37 10 Nov 10

What's your budget. OKI have some decent lasers at the moment for <£300 and they are very good quality. See here click here You can upgrade thius to a duplex for comparatively little and its photo output is not too bad on good paper

spuds 19:52 10 Nov 10

The HP Photosmart C3180 is a bog standard low budget printer with higher than expected results, and if you are satisfied with the results from that, then you might consider something like the Brother DCP-135C or similar as a replacement. Good quality printouts with very cheap compatible cartridge availability.

If you are considering a colour laser, then think in terms of added expense of toners and the machine itself.

Regarding the paper drag issue, this can be due to a number of reasons. Wear and tear, poor quality paper, not stacking correctly etc etc.

HondaMan 12:39 18 Nov 10

Be nice to know what you've decided on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…