Please may I have not made a mistake ......

phoenix198 21:47 15 Aug 06

With all the Mesh bashing in recent threads, please may I have not made a costly mistake with the following base unit ordered from Mesh today:

Elite² E6600 based system with
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Dual Core Processor(2.40GHz,4MB Cache,1066MHz)
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
New Aluminium ATX Midi Tower(Wave) +550W PSU - Black
ASUS P5B - Intel® P965 Express Chipset- Core™ 2 Duo - ATX
2048MB DDR2 Memory - 533MHz (2x1024)
300GB Serial ATA Hard Drive with 16MB Buffer
LightScribe & Super Format SONY 16x Dual Layer DVD Writer +R/-R/RW/RAM
16x DVD-ROM Drive (40x CD-ROM)
1GB (2x 512MB GPU) nVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2 - HDTV, 2xDual Link DVI
7.1 Channel Surround Sound Audio (on-board)
Logitech Cordless Keyboard & Cordless Optical Mouse
Free Microsoft® Works® 8.5 + 60 Days Microsoft Office Trial
Free Cyberlink Video Editing Suite - 7 titles (oem)
BullGuard Internet Security 6.0 -AntiVirus/Firewall/Backup/Spamfilter -90 day trial
OneClick Intelligent Mains Panel
Network Ready integrated 10/100 Ethernet
Internal 33-in-1 Memory Card Reader
Advantage Warranty - 2 Years On-Site + 1 Year BTB-T&C

Forecast delivery date not until 15 Sep due to current non-availability of the Core 2 Duo 6600, so it could be a nerve-wracking month!

At least I only have a quick (ha!) drive down the Edgeware Road to go and remonstrate with them in person should there be a problem.

HondaMan 22:06 15 Aug 06

Dunno, Mate. You haven't said how much you paid!

phoenix198 22:20 15 Aug 06

Anything over a £k that doesn't work right and has inadequate support is a 'costly' mistake.

But the point was more about whether spending it with Mesh was the mistake ....

Guess time will tell.

spuds 22:32 15 Aug 06

Answer these simple questions. (1) Was the computer package 'off the shelf' or was it to special order. (2) Have you paid by credit card or computer finance agreement, with protection under section 75.

If 'off the shelf' and payment by credit card or computer finance agreement, then you should be fine.

Harpur 22:34 15 Aug 06

time will tell and i'm sure you have read the threads on this forum. however that does not mean you will have a problem with the machine, so don't look for any. if there is a problem cross that bridge when you come to it. you have passed you money over, so relax now. remember there maybe a cooling off period which you could take use off if you wish. check with the mesh t's and c's

Harpur 22:39 15 Aug 06

the mesh t's and c's

The Buyer may cancel the order, from the date of ordering and before, but excluding; the day of despatch of the order, without any charges and the Seller will refund the Buyer in full by the original method of payment.

the rest is up to you

phoenix198 23:17 15 Aug 06

One of two isn't bad.

No?

phoenix198 23:18 15 Aug 06

Thanks for that. I'd only really scan read the t's and c's. Section 8.2 seems a good one to know

silverous 23:21 15 Aug 06

I'm sure you'll be one of the many happy Mesh owners... surely the time to research it is prior to ordering however if the time delay is bugging you you could cancel - but presumably other suppliers will have the same problem.

I'm typing this on a mesh PC that has been fine since day 1.

lovingit 09:07 16 Aug 06

I'm on my secong Mesh PC - 1st is still happily working away for my Mum, and second (bought 6 months) is superb. You won't be dissapointed. Any problems and Davey from Mesh always seems to be straight on it of you post through the forum. So extra peace of mind I reckon

isca2 12:34 16 Aug 06

If it's any consolation, my Mesh pc is coming up for 5 years old and have never had any problems with it !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now