Please help me find the best laptop

ads2312 15:10 14 May 09

Hi all
Sorry for another 'which is best' post but i'm in need of a bit of help on which laptop to buy. Budget £500 to £700
Using for the net, office programs, bit of gaming, music, dvd's and all the usual stuff.
Been looking for days and keep changing my mind. The ones i've been attracted to are -
Asus X57SR-AP003C - click here

Asus M51VR-AS095E - click here

Asus M51SE-AS112C - click here

All 3 are kind of similar but have a few differences (Processor & Cache Memory and Chipset)
and i dont know which is best, fastest etc!

Also been looking at the Samsungs and Acer's but after reading loads of reviews am a bit put off.

Can anyone help me please ?
cheers

user8 15:23 14 May 09

As said in other threads stick to Toshiba.
Well made, reliable & if you need it great support.
Have a look at Staples @ click here
Pc World @ click here

ads2312 15:47 14 May 09

thanks
had tosh and Hp before and both broke within 2 years so thought i'd give one of the other brands a go.

user8 15:55 14 May 09

I'm on my 2nd Toshiba at the moment & am about to buy a 3rd.
1st only lasted 10 years!

LinH 16:06 14 May 09

I recently bought an Acer 8930g. It cost £740 and includes an 18.4inch widescreen and a blu-ray player. Well pleased with it and would do all the things you require.

LinH

ads2312 16:09 14 May 09

18.4inch ! thats huge. I'm after something a little more portable around 15inch.
thanks anyway

LinH 16:17 14 May 09

ads2312

Yeah, I forgot to mention that portable it is definitely not! It's more of a desktop replacement than a laptop.

LinH

naineysman 22:47 14 May 09

not sure about gamingbut everything else is awsoem and you will get better customer care than you could ever believe possible

click here

keef66 14:44 15 May 09

"about gamingbut everything else is awsoem"

does it include a spell checker?

keef66 14:48 15 May 09

Dell are OK, frequently very good value for money if you can take advantage of a special offer, and deselect the extra warranty.

We just bought 2 different Samsung laptops in your price range, an R700 (now replaced by the R710) and an R510. Both are splendid machines, but they come in a range of specifications (cpu, ram, optical drive, HDD size) so you need to compare specs and prices carefully.

Both ours came from John Lewis so we get 2 years warranty free.

naineysman 15:29 15 May 09

not sure about gaming but everything else is awesome and you will get better customer care than you could ever believe possible.

:-))

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…