Please help choose Digital Camera

VNAM75 11:32 23 Jan 06

I've narrowed my choice of digital camera to the 3 below? Can anyone give me advice on which one to get. My mind is set on the Canon Ixus 750 at the moment.

Canon Ixus 750
click here
Sony DSC-P200S
click here
Casio Exilim Card EX-S600
click here

rmcqua 13:08 23 Jan 06

The Canon for me. I may be wrong but I just get the feeling that the optical zoom quality, given Canon's experience and reputation in the conventional 35mm sector, will have the edge over the other 2.

Singerz 13:26 23 Jan 06

Dunno if this helps but have you considered a Fuji Finepix F10 or F11?

They are excellent cameras and have received rave reviews.

The F11 only differs by having more manual control than the F10.

You can pick up an F10 for under £200. It's 6megapix, is very quick, has class leading battery life and takes superb images, especially in low light conditions.

jack 13:59 23 Jan 06

Broad advice is go for a camera makers offering rather than a firm that dabbles in electronic gizmo's

That said some camera firms badge generic cheap 'n' nasties simply to keep in the bottom end of the market whilst majoring in the top end stuff.

IPA 14:24 23 Jan 06

My vote goes with rmcqua , I am a confirmed Canon fan and can confirm that the optics are really good. Have a look here before making up your mind click here.
The best advice I can suggest is to go along to your local branch of Jessops and let them demonstrate different digital Cameras as the handling feel of a Camera is very important as is the ease of menu access. Apart from their expertise ,Jessops are quite competitive against web prices (if you ask) and you will have the advantage of taking it home with you.click here

rmcqua 14:57 23 Jan 06

Good advice IPA.
I didn't want to confuse VNAM75's choice any further, because I think he will be well pleased with the Canon, but I would just say that for me personally, if I were spending £200 ish, I would want an optical zoom of 5x or better. Then again, that may just be me because I used to do a lot of non-digital photography with zoom lenses.

961 16:15 23 Jan 06

Go for the Canon
But consider Canon A620 too for even better results
See review at click here

anchor 13:13 24 Jan 06

I would agree with 961. The reviews I have read about this model are excellent.

About £218 at Amazon.

Details;

click here

VNAM75 14:49 24 Jan 06

Thanks everyone. What is the difference between the Canon A620 and Ixus 750? The 750 costs more and I prefer that style better, but the A620 is recommended here.

961 16:23 24 Jan 06

If you read the review at click here and other review sites ( click here etc) you'll see that the A620 is just that little bit larger which allows more room to get all the bits in. It has a longer zoom for a start which is always useful

It would be unkind to call the Ixus a fashion statement but certainly a key part of the design is the size, and if you read the reviews carefully you will find the results from the larger camera are better, and it comes "highly recommended"

Your mind will be made up after you go to Jessops or wherever and handle both cameras before deciding

VNAM75 20:34 24 Jan 06

Thanks 961. I think I'll still go for the Ixus 750 (or Casio) because I'm after something more portable and stylish, even though I have to pay a premium for this. I'm not a keen photographer or anything but just like capturing pictures "as and when"
Dont you think the casio EX S600 looks really cool?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac