PlayStation 3 Guarantee

Gaz W 00:44 20 Apr 07

Hi,

I'm selling a PS3 on behalf of a friend. Before anyone says, this is not an advert and I am not advertising it.

I had a question from a potential buyer and it made me think. They asked will they get a receipt to register the manufacturer's guarantee. It suddenly occurred to me that this may have already started. Am I right in assuming that most products' warranties are registered by the original store/seller on the date of purchase automatically?

If so, can this be reversed or put forward, since the item is unopened?

Hope you know what I mean!

Regards,

Gary

lisa02 17:07 20 Apr 07

Guarantee is with the retailer by law. However the manufacturer will offer the same, direct, for things like appliances and consoles as it's easier.

To get warranty work done they ask for proof of purchase from a recognised distributor/shop, if it's an ordinary receipt with no details (name, CC details etc) of the original purchaser this can be passed on.

I have given the receipt to buyers on ebay before. Namely a PAYG phone bought from Argos. It was just a cash reciept - the phone was six months old, so had 6 months warranty left.

Gaz W 19:23 20 Apr 07

Thanks for the reply lisa02...

Yeah, working in retail I'm aware of the law like that, but I'm assuming that because the proof of purchase is from the authorised retailer rather than me they have to make do with 11 months and 2 weeks rather than a full year.

The only thing is... say I had bought it (or any electrical item) from a small independant retailer, how would that work?

Sorry if I'm being confusing, but I'm confused!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac