Playing MP3 files through my Hifi

WHAFC 13:07 17 Jul 04

I have thousands of mp3 files on my pc and would like to be able to play them through my Sony DAV S800 Home cinema system. Is there a product out there that I can use to either send the files wirelessly to my cinema system or is there a product that will allow me to transfer the files to another device and then plug said device into my cinema system and then play them?

TomJerry 13:15 17 Jul 04

You just link your PC's soundcard outputs to HIFI's external input. If your sound card has optical output and HIFI has optical input, that would be super.

Cheaper option, Put MP3 files to a CDR or DVD and play them on DVD player. Most domestic stand alone DVD player can play MP3 files. If you sony cannot do it, you can get a cheapr one about £30.

If you have deep pocket, you can get a Apple IPOD or other Hard Disk based MP3 player and put all you MP3 files to it and link the payer's output (earphone socket) to your HIFI.

If you have even bigger pocket, build a small monitorless PC box as a standard MP3/Media files player and link to HIFI.

Have fun.

OU812 16:14 17 Jul 04

The Netgear101 which while I can't vouch for personally has had good reviews, been a stand alone box that connects wirelessly to your PC for playing MP3's etc through your HiFi.click here. It can be had for £100 or less.

Richer sounds also knock out a stand-alone player that rips your Cd's to its own hard disk (in MP3 format) for playback via your HiFi (as do Yamaha except there more expensive player does not use compression).

Pappyon 16:07 18 Jul 04

I tape MP3s on to my Hifi deck using a cable from my PC sound card output to my Hifi amp inputs via Windows Media Player.

You might be interested in
click here which is quite cheap

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac