Play.com - delivery time?

Non Welsh Local 06:08 09 Jan 03
  Non Welsh Local 06:08 09 Jan 03

I'm thinking of buying some items from Play.com, they say that in stock items are dispatched within 24 hrs and then delivery takes 3-5 days. Is this an accurate description?

For example if I place my order on Monday would it arrive Friday? What is your experience of this, a lot of folk here have recommended them price wise and they do seem very competitive (free delivery for example).

stevep107 07:08 09 Jan 03

I have ordered games and music from Play.com and they have kept to the advertised delivery time and sometimes quicker.

The only problem I had was that a boxed game was put into a "jiffy" bag and was creased by the time it got here.

simon1003 08:19 09 Jan 03

The delivery times can vary with Play, but they are substantially cheaper than almost anywhere else.
You can track your item on their website, which helps.

Sir Radfordin™ 08:22 09 Jan 03

Recently ordered 4 items from them. Each one was sent on its own as soon as it was ready to be sent. That was fairly impressive. Expect it did take between 3-5 days, but that would no doubt depend on the postal delivery in your area.

I was going to post a thread saying that I'd been hapyp with them this week and that they seemed like a decent enough company, with products at a low price, so I'll recommend them now.

Only thing I would say is, if you need to have it before a certain date the only sure way of doing that is go buy it in a shop and take it home with you now.

hoverman 08:28 09 Jan 03

Have been buying from Play.com for several years and am extremely satisfied with level of service. Don't forget that they are based in Jersey which might add an extra day on to delivery to the UK mainland. They used to send by recorded delivery (free) but I notice that this has been dropped of late. Probably to save on overheads and to help to keep prices down - they are the cheapest I have found.

Non Welsh Local 08:42 09 Jan 03

See title.

€dstow 08:51 09 Jan 03

Play.com, 7 day shop and MX2 (possibly some others) are, as has been said, based in the Channel Islands. They post orders by surface mail i.e. they are sent to England by boat to save money - and give their low costs. That is why there is a long delivery time. If orders were flown over, prices would rise.

€d

Sir Radfordin™ 19:51 09 Jan 03

One other thing, they only charge your card on the day they pack the goods.

Gizmo 20:30 09 Jan 03

Would recommend this company for price and delivery, ordered games and DVD’S for Christmas and all arrived in plenty of time, I will be using them in the future.

Spook Tooth 20:51 09 Jan 03

Have used them 8 or 9 times or so now and they do seem pretty good, resolving any problems that may arise (like failed delivery for me).

They are a bit tardy sometimes, or at least if you pre-order, you can be waiting longer than you think sometimes - eg, a new game is released and you get it 3 days later. But they're good imho.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017