PlanetMicro anyone?

paxo2 19:59 23 Apr 04

I have recieved my Motherboard from PlanetMicro and it appears to be faulty. On a barebones power-up it will not emit any POST beeps unless the RAM is taken out, then it beeps that there is no RAM inserted. Anyway, I am trying to return this item to the vendor but have had no reply to the email I sent thier Customer Service department yesterday, nor can I get through on the phone line, just an answerphone requesting name and number for a responce. I have left my number twice now and not recieved a call back, which means that this will now be monday at the earliest (if at all).
Has anyone else dealt with these people, any advice greatly appreciated.

spuds 21:41 23 Apr 04

Strange that you have not had any response, they are usually good, or at least that what I found in the past!.

rickf 11:17 24 Apr 04

Recently bought a case from them w/o any probs. I have no experience of after sales. There's not been a need to use this.Would buy again from them.

paxo2 13:05 24 Apr 04

Thanks for the responses. I have also bought a case from them with no probs, it's a lovely case and seems to work well when powered up (4 fans and some snazzy LEDs), no complaints there.. Its just that I am finding it difficult to return this faulty item, as I say no responce to email left Thurs night and no reply to two phone calls on fri. This just means that the whole returns process is now going to take a week longer than I hoped (when I am eventually succesful at making contact) and having all the other components for my self build, I am a little peeved at 'falling at the first hurdle', and now having to wait god knows how long untill I can try the rest of the components.

Mango Grummit 13:38 24 Apr 04

I have dealt with them many times.

Once I did have a problem and as they were not performing accordingly (or at least according to my view of how a customer should be dealt with) I nipped over there and although this was a round trip of 180 miles the problem was addressed and resolved on-the-spot.

I still buy from them as their products are sound and their prices are good.

NOTE:- buying off the internet can save you a quid or two here and there but in my opinion all serious purchases should be made with eye-to-eye contact. But I still buy on-line from PlanetMicro (I'm trying to recoup half a tank of fuel :~).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…