pj 123 Powerhouse are alive!

v1asco 08:50 17 Jan 06

In reply to your query in Balmads thread.
Powerhouse were rescued by a good samaritan. However the extended warranties were not, unless it was one with an insurance firm,such as Domestic & General, if I remember correctly.

The 2 branches in Cardiff are still going and something I didn't mention earlier they were open to a bit of haggling. I bought £1600 of goods for £1200 (couldn't better these prices on the net). I nearly got a Sony LCD TV as well which he was going to reduce. I didn't because I hadn't researched it and really it would have been an impulse buy. Maybe I'll go back.

Very good service and friendly. Explained the differences between different cookers and listened to my needs. Did not pressurise into buying and just accepted a sraight no to extended warranties, unlike some other stores.
Also interest free credit over 12 months.

Now if they deliver on time I will give them top marks.

SG Atlantis® 10:05 17 Jan 06
  Stuartli 13:03 17 Jan 06

There is a Powerhouse in my area - but personally I wouldn't go anywhere near these type of outlets.

You can't beat a good independent electrical retailer for excellent sales and after sales service and personal attention to customers' needs.

pj123 17:36 17 Jan 06

Thanks, bugle. Pleased to hear it but I don't think I would be very confident buying from them now.

pj123 14:40 03 Feb 06

bugle, hope you got all your deliveries and all is working OK.

Read this: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…