Pixmania - Great Prices But...

GBolton 18:07 05 Dec 03

Pixmania.com are, without doubt, the cheapest source of many printers, scanners and digital cameras. Their site DOES mention the fact that their manuals are in French - no problem if they're available on the manufacturer's website, but a big problem if they aren't. Canon, for example, don't supply downloadable manuals.

The site doesn't mention the even bigger 'But', which is that all the buttons etc on your product will be in French - imagine that on a Canon i965 like the one I ordered - and you'll need to chop off a French mains plug and fit an English one before you can use it. Finally, the French market products don't always have the same accessories as UK hardware - sometimes it's better (to be fair...) but often it's worse.

In summary, there are bargains to be had here and that's great. But, as usual with bargains, Caveat Emptor.

vibrant 18:41 05 Dec 03

Digital first are cheaper for the i965 at £199.99

carolannjo 20:05 05 Dec 03

canon do have manuals available but you need to print them out. i bought a canon s50 pro noir from pixmania and found their service second to none. the only teeny problem being that the small print telling you everything is french is cunningly hidden away and in teeny print. go to canons website and print your manual but lotsaluck and hope u got PLENTY ink

bremner 20:48 05 Dec 03

You can download manuals for Canon printers from their USA site click here unfortunately the i965 is not yet available.

minter 23:11 05 Dec 03

In the US of A the i965 is the i960, same but different. Does not have the CD printer.

Stuartli 09:07 06 Dec 03

I once had dealings with Nomatica, another French company.

It was a disaster and the only saving grace was that Visa eventually saved me from losing more than £800 because of the incompetence of this company and either the French or British mail services.

Stick to UK firms where you are properly covered by legislation.....

Stuartli 09:23 06 Dec 03

I should also point out that the Sony camcorder originally ordered from Nomatica (it proved faulty and the replacement has never been sighted since) cost more than £780 at the time.

Once I had recovered this sum, plus the £51 it took to return it via DHL to Nomatica, I ordered the same model from Letsgodigital.

Price? £649 including next day delivery.....

byfordr 10:44 06 Dec 03

I looked at both these guys when buying a printer and scanner. I saw that the manuals were in French so wondered what else was not meant for the UK market. Judging by the posts above I'm glad I did.

I've used all these guys before without trouble for printers, scanners or digital cameras click here click here click here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…