Pixmania- Ever shopped with them Before??

sohaib 22:43 25 Dec 03

well guys,

Pixmania, is a company based in france, but does exist in uk with a telephone service. i have seen a really nice digital camera for a cheaper price than other known retailers!

i am a bit worried, as i m not a regular internet shopper, wat to do? should i buy from them? they ask for returns and other complains be made to an address in france?

i have emailed them regarding their products, as was unsure because they specification didn't meet the manufacturer's?

so guys let me knw of ur experience? and place where 2 get cheap digital camera!!

cheers
merry xmas
S U

Newuser2 10:53 26 Dec 03

sohaib
I've just purchased a Fuji S3000 from pixmania.
I encountered no probs except that as I ordered very close to Xmas they couldn't ensure delivery to my home by xmas eve, so I picked up the camera from their pick up shop in Fulham.
Thats my experiance any way.
Also try ebuyer.com they have good prices too.

Falkyrn 11:48 26 Dec 03

I've used pixmania several times now and have had excellent service... they are a french company with a head office in Paris

bremner 12:38 26 Dec 03

Have had good experiences but be prepared for any manuals to be in French - you can normallly get most off the web in pdf format anyway.

Stuartli 13:05 26 Dec 03

I've used another French company, Nomatica, which also has a UK office....

The digital camcorder it delivered was faulty but Nomatica wouldn't meet the courier cost of returning it, only the standard Royal Mail service.

Because I was not prepared to take the risk I paid out £53 for it to go back to the South of France by DHL.

The camcorder reached Nomatica safely but the replacement it sent by, yes you guessed, French mail, has never been seen even 12 months later.

In the end Visa came to the rescue by crediting my account with the near £800 the camera cost with delivery, plus the £53 returns cost.

I then re-ordered the camcorder, this time from Letsgodigital.co.uk.

Cost, including next day delivery? £649.

I'll never touch a Continental supplier again.

sohaib 20:18 26 Dec 03

this is great help! plz keep em coming!
cheers

Bought a printer from them, a bit of a misunderstanding of delivery date so they refunded my post/packing to my account, item delivered the next day but manual was in French, but English manual on cd…but the price was right, and I would use them again

minter 19:29 27 Dec 03

Take a look at click here

sohaib 20:58 27 Dec 03

thanks guyz u lot were a great help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…