Pixel Problem?

jeffg 21:05 01 Jun 05

I have just bought a Dell 20 inch widescreen monitor. There appears to be a black/grey coloured dot behind the text on the screen which is noticable no matter what the screen colour is and it is directly in the line of sight. Is this a dead pixel? If so, is this legal? Having paid over £400 for the monitor I expected perfection, and Dell are supposed to sell quality products.

Pesala 21:51 01 Jun 05
  DieSse 22:23 01 Jun 05

"I expected perfection"

The standard for "perfection" in LCD monitors allows for a certain number of "dead" pixels. There is an ISO standard which governs this, and I would be surprised if there is no mention of it at all on Dells website

Look here for instance click here

Pooke 22:35 01 Jun 05

yes it's legal, and it's not considered a fault til you have several!

jeffg 00:21 02 Jun 05

The dot looks like it is behind the text/image on the screen. I can see it through the text. If I look down onto the monitor from above it is definately behind what is the outer screen.

DieSse 01:04 02 Jun 05

Perhaps it's a bit of dirt got inside - try tapping along the top edge, to see if it moves.

wee eddie 10:39 02 Jun 05

I believe that TFTs have light sources behind the screen.

What you describe sounds like the shadow of a particle of dirt on the light source.

Discuss this with Dell. They should sort it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…