Pipex Solo 2 go

Looking over IT 14:57 30 Jan 03

Im looking for a new broadband service having reluctantly decided to give up my Telewest connection. Im just looking for something cheap and cheerfull without all the bells and whistles. Looked at the Solo 2 go and it appears to be good value (another thing Im looking for). Offer at the moment with free modem. Any one got opinions? (I accept there may be more ad than good but please be honest!)

TOPCAT® 15:25 30 Jan 03

click here

I've used Pipex Solo for close on a year now and am very happy with them.

They've got a 'Refer a friend' scheme going too, so if you gave me your details.......!! :) TC.

azimuth2002 16:31 30 Jan 03

I also have been with Pipex ADSL service for 12 months, and judging by the comments I hear from other broadband users and the tests you can run, It has to be one of the better connections out there, with almost zero problems since I went online, also have used Pipex before on modem connection for 2 years and that was great to.

Pipex are one of the fore-runners of Internet connections and really know there stuff (my opinion only)
Hope you get sorted soon

ANC

Looking over IT 17:56 30 Jan 03

Just a quick question but r they one of these ISPs that block file sharing?

Joe McG 18:10 30 Jan 03

Looking over IT,
There is a piece about Pipex on page 85 of this month's PC Advisor (March!), and they are getting nothing but praise.

Looking over IT 18:31 30 Jan 03

Thanks Joe may have a browse of the newagents

leo49 18:34 30 Jan 03

Answer to your 'quick' question - No.

Been with Pipex since last March and and no complaints at all.

Regards

acfc 19:16 30 Jan 03

Been with Pipex Broadband about 5 months and can't think of a bad thing to say about it ~ go for it!

siouxah1 22:02 30 Jan 03

Have been using Pipex BB since june of last year. I find it a good no frills service with very few problems. If problems do occur they are quick to post what the problem is and what is being done. Always connects first time for me.

anchor 15:35 31 Jan 03

Like others, I have been on Pipex ADSL for about 9 months. At first their telephone support was abysmal; long waits to speak to someone. However, those days have gone, and their support is now very good. Their reliabilty and speed of connection is faultless, and I have no complaints at all.

Their current offer is for a free modem, two microfilters, and the connection fee, all for only £19.95 +VAT; this is excellent value. Their monthly charge is reasonable at about £23.40/month inclusive.

click here

Dannyb 20:05 31 Jan 03

I am getting broadband in my neck of the woods by April 9th. and thought I would pre-register to go with pipex solo2go, however, everytime I try to on their webpage I send my details and get the message "pre-registration system failure, try again later or contact the webmaster. I've now tried loads of times with the asame result and sent an email to their webmaster a week ago and so far no reply. I have also tried to call them on the phone number given on their website but get a recorded message to say they are unable to take the call and you cannot leave a message. Are they not allowing pre-registrations??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…