Pipex connection announcement

TOPCAT® 22:22 10 Feb 03

10/02/03 at 19:00
Report: We are currently investigating reports by customers of error 650 and 721 across all PIPEX ADSL realms. This includes:-

Symptoms: Customers who had an active session or trying to logon to the BT element of their ADSL service will see no data being passed and in retryinng their connection will be unable to logon.

Actions: PIPEX network support are currently in contact with BT to pinpoint the possible problems customers are demonstrating. This is not a failure of the PIPEX broadband platform but appears to be an element of the BT network that is failing.

PIPEX apologises for any inconvenience caused and will continue to update this announcement as necessary.

toaday 22:32 10 Feb 03

thanks hadnt noticed it myself but its nice to know you care :)

leo49 23:22 10 Feb 03

Thanks TC - ok todate but forewarned if problems occur.

blanco 18:14 11 Feb 03

In fact I was one of those affected when I lost my connection early yesterday morning.

Although Pipex must have been unundated with complaints I was connected within 10 minutes to someone on the support telephone line and confirmed that the BT test site was also unavailable.

By using my old dial up, I saw that they had a notice by 10.30 am to confirm the serious outage and that there were no faults in the Pipex platform. Just after midday they were able to report that BT had traced the problem and were working on it. Many ISPs were involved.

Just after 11 pm I checked my machine and was able to log back on and have had no problems since.

Early this afternoon I received a phone call from a BT Broadband engineer to confirm that I was now free of problems and then 15 minutes later Pipex also rang me to make sure I was satisfied and they could clear my incident number.

I just wanted to report this as we often report bad things but I cannot fault the service I received in this case. Breakdowns are bound to happen and this was dealt with well and I complement both Pipex and BT Broadband Wholesale for their care.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…