Pipex connection

hoop 01:01 15 Jan 04

My local exchange will be upgraded on the 21st of this month, so I started looking for a broadband isp. Having heard some good things about Pipex here I thought I`d go and look at their site to see what was on offer.

I sent an e-mail a couple of days ago, but still no reply, so I wondered if anyone here can give me any info.

I wanted to know how long after the exchange is upgraded, and if I pre-order, I can expect to be able to start using broadband services from Pipex. Anyone got any idea?

I`m currently using AOL as my dial-up isp, and as the fees are due about the 20th/21st of the month, would I be as well to cancel now and use a payg service in the maintime until I start getting broadband?

TIA

Jim

takes about a week or so to get set up the phone line...

go to click here which is a great help for deciding ISP's to use...

wags 09:45 15 Jan 04

I'm with Pipex. Ordered online on a Wednesday evening, modem and filters arrived Friday morning (ie 2 days later) and line activated and the whole thing up and running the following Wednesday evening.Not bad !

I'm very pleased with Pipex and note they are still doing good deal at c£17.50 for modem, filters and activation.

look forwrd to seeing you on the battlefield :-)

hoop 13:47 15 Jan 04

Thanks for that ppl.

Jim

hoop 16:21 15 Jan 04

Just pre-ordered with Pipex, their e-mail says within 14 days of the exchange being enabled.

Jim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…