Pipex can only upgrade if I sign up for phone deal

cyberphobic 22:53 20 May 06

I have been a Pipex broadband customer for 4 years and have always been pleased with their service.I've been patiently waiting for the upgrade to Pipex Max, as I'm currently receiving a 1MB service but will be able to receive 3MB according to the BT website - please see this thread click here
I received a phone call today from Pipex saying that they had bought a phone company and they were now offering me an inclusive monthly deal of £14.99 a month including line rental. The only extras would be calls to mobiles and 0800 nmbers etc. Included in this deal was an upgrade to the 3GB broadband service which I have been waiting for. When I said that I wasn't much interested in the phone service ( I've just signed up to something similar from Sky) but wanted to upgrade my broadband I was told that if I didn't take the phone offer I couldn't have the broadband upgrade! Not taking too kindly to being blackmailed, I immediately rang Pipex Customer Services, they explained that I had received a call from Pipex Homecall, but that what I had been told was completely untrue, and I would be upgraded by June 10th. The comment was made that the salesman I had spoken to before "would not last long"! Is this the way to treat a customer?

Stuartli 23:39 20 May 06

>>Is this the way to treat a customer?>>

It would seem that Pipex, a highly respected ISP and one that has been around since 1991, has already answered your question i.e. "the salesman.....would not last long"

Clearly the salesman's approach has already been noted for appropriate action.

Ikelos 12:07 21 May 06

nice one, as the old saying goes "dont let the (**) grind you down..

The Kestrel 13:59 21 May 06

I phoned Pipex last week regarding my 1mb broadband for which I was paying £23.40/month for unlimited download for the last 2 years. I spoke to the customer services operator and said I was thinking of migrating unless they could offer me a better deal. I was immediately offered an up to 8mb service, with a 30Gb download limit for £17.99/month provided I agreed to a 12 month contract. I was happy with that and accepted.

I suggest you try again and quote my example above as I too did not want to link my phone service to Pipex.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…