Pioneer to pull out of TV?

john bunyan 17:20 18 Feb 09

Just before Christmas I bought a Pioneer Kuro 32" TV and a HD DVD recorder. I find the contrast ratio etc excellent, and am dissapointed to hear that after such a short time Pioneer are pulling out of the TV market. Hope they re consider.

961 17:33 18 Feb 09

They won't

No one is making money just now

laurie53 20:11 18 Feb 09

I think this must have been Pioneer's second foray into the tv market.

I had a Pioneer tv a few years back; it was rubbish!

john bunyan 22:34 18 Feb 09

I can only speak as I find. The model I have seems very good on contrast ratio and pleased my wife by not having a shiny black frame (as with Sony, Panasonic and Samsung. Will mark as resolved with regret for the loss of choice.

Stuartli 23:06 18 Feb 09

Over the past year or so, some Pioneer models have been rated as being even better than the superb Panasonic range.

john bunyan 09:36 19 Feb 09

The only reason I went for Pioneer was the surrounding case not being so shiny! I had chosen Panasonic except for that. Glad Pioneer will keep the service up.

Stuartli 10:05 19 Feb 09

>>The only reason I went for Pioneer was the surrounding case not being so shiny>>

Not a reason I would put to the forefront...:-)

Top picture and sound quality would top the list every time - I certainly don't notice my set's shiny case surround and neither does the other half....:-))

john bunyan 12:37 19 Feb 09

I personally agree with you but "she who must be obeyed" does not. I think Panasonic and Sony have copied the shiny black case of Samsung. I wish they would offer the matt version as an option. In the meantime the Pioneer is fine, and I did buy it on the grounds you mention ( a tie with the Panasonic)

Marko797 13:55 19 Feb 09

42" plasma from Pioneer...absolutely superb on both picture, and sound, quality.

Stuartli 16:16 19 Feb 09

I'm quite sure your set matches your opinion of it - unfortunately we don't have a Pioneer TV dealership in our neck of the woods, so comparing one to a Panny is rather difficult...:-)

Marko797 17:08 19 Feb 09

we went to Curry's to see it in the flesh...always helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now