Pioneer DVR-107 DVD-rw problems?

grizzly0106 11:12 08 Jul 04

hi
I recently picked up the Pioneer 8x DVD-rw DVR-107 some weeks back....After much headscratching & frustration I still have not managed to copy any DVD's....It was advertised as the best on the market!!...However I am starting to get the feeling I've been had!
Anybody else had problems with this model??

-Beb- 11:24 08 Jul 04

You could try updating the firmware from the pioneer website (sorry im too lazy to find it). What software and media are you using? Cheap or incompatible dvd+/-r media are the main problems

grizzly0106 11:34 08 Jul 04

I have tried using Nero6.12 & DVD wizard pro to burn dvd's...the discs I am using are Mirror platinum

SEASHANTY 12:27 08 Jul 04

Try another brand of disc. I am having trouble
writing to standalone Panasonic DVD recorder with
panasonic mirror discs. They just will not work.

g0nvs 19:40 08 Jul 04

Go with "Ritek GO4" or "Verbatim". These work perfectly with the Pioneer DVD 107.That's what I use & never have a problem. Stay well clear of cheap media, they are more trouble than they are worth.

961 20:11 08 Jul 04

try click here for info

should work

however "copy dvd's" raises question as to what you are trying to do?

grizzly0106 12:40 09 Jul 04

When i say copy dvd's, I mean doing simple copies of say, programmes which have been copied off TV, backing up stuff which has been lying around on VHS for years...and I havent even been able to copy these!!...
As for the quality of the discs, the 'Mirror' blank discs I have been using, work fine in my mates Panasonic standalone DVD- copier, but I shall try using a different brand such as verbatim before I give up!!
Thanks for the help everyone

-Beb- 13:46 09 Jul 04

The mirror discs are the problem. They're the most incompatible discs I've come across (sorry to offend anyone but that's just my experience). I ordered a few different packs of blank dvds to see which ones are better, but as g0nvs said, the ritek and Verbatim should be the best

SEASHANTY 15:50 09 Jul 04

Re the Mirror Platinum discs. The first one I tried
in the Panasonic DMRE85 worked fine. The next four discs I tried would not record. Tried on different
programmes. The remainder of the 25 Mirror discs are still on the spindle (that's twenty of them - unused). I have now returned to using Verbatim 2x and 4x which work fine, as also do the pack of 100
Ritek 4x using the G04 dye, which I still have a few of left.

Rwstill 16:28 09 Jul 04

I use the Pioneer 107 have not updated the firmware, use Nero 6 and have had no trouble.
The disks I use are datewrite yellow also Packard Bell rewritable.
When you say have'nt copied any dvds, do you mean have not managed to write anything to a dvd yet?

Ralph.

Stuartli 17:39 09 Jul 04

Go to click here for all types of articles on anything to do with CD and DVD media, hardware, burning etc.

click here usually has a list on its website of the best media to use with the Pioneer drives.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…