Pioneer 80GB Hard Disk and DVD-R/RW Recorder

SEASHANTY 20:14 19 Sep 03

Has anyone seen this in the shops yet? Launch date was given as September 2003 but haven't seen any mag reviews or store adverts yet. Hard disk will record up to 102 hours of TV programming which can be transferred to DVR-R or DVD-RW. click here
The only place I have found advertised is this one at a hefty £700 click here
That's more than this PC I am using cost.

Tim1964 23:51 20 Sep 03

Have you tried click here , it's a price comparison site that links to hundreds of different outlets.

SEASHANTY 13:55 21 Sep 03

Thanks Tim. It isn't listed on Kelkoo. I do check them and a few of the others that reputedly find the cheapest prices. Its a similar products to Toshiba's 60GB HDD / DVD recorder but this is listed on quite a few sites now. This for instance click here
The quickest way to find cheapest prices is to go on Google and type in the maker and product identity, select U.K. sites only and click on search. This always brings up quite a selection. But even Google is only listing Pioneers new product with a price at the Avland website.

siouxah1 11:24 22 Sep 03

Why not have a look at DVD RAM recorder?

Just under £400 at click here

Up to 12 hrs on a RAM disc. 6hrs at EP. Can also record direct to DVD-R.

Just to mention an alternative.

Brian j

SEASHANTY 12:12 22 Sep 03

Thanks siouxah1. I had already been considering this on techtronics.com website. Price comparisons show that at £349 its the cheapest available. It also includes the modification to make it multi-regional, which makes it a pretty good buy. click here
Techtronics will also supply a VCR enhancing scart lead for extra payment. I also want the versatility of an included HDD which the cheaper Panasonics don't have. Hence the new Pioneer or the Toshiba. I believe the DVD-RAM pictures are excellent and the Toshiba will also record to this format as well as DVD-R from the installed hard disk.

-pops- 12:21 22 Sep 03

The quality of current television braodcasting would have to improve an immense amount before I could be even tempted to give a second look to one of these devices. Even my £80 VHS VCR gets little use as a recording medium these days.

SEASHANTY 12:35 22 Sep 03

Oh I dunno -pops- My freeview digital pictures are excellent. Have some favourite videos which I want to transfer to DVD. If they had been released on DVD I would buy the DVD for the extra quality of the commercial product. Some of these videos were recorded in the early 80's so the quality isn't all that good now anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…