Pikaone Rw DVD DRIVE

stu1901 13:30 30 Dec 03

Hi, i have searched this site and can't find any info about this.
click here

It is £80 if bought on their website.. seems like a good price. Anyone ever used a Pikaone drive?!
Any thoughts?
Thanks

rickf 14:12 30 Dec 03

Do a search on Amazon. They are selling it for £50. I believe its the same model. Its an external one?

stu1901 14:24 30 Dec 03

hi, no that is the cdrw, this is the dvdrw. It costs the same amount on amazon though.

rickf 16:46 30 Dec 03

Sorry, my apologies. I was going on memory such as it is!

rickf 16:47 30 Dec 03

Have seen the one at ebuyer today for just over £60 (4x+/-RW). Its on the Home page.

stu1901 16:53 30 Dec 03

what brand is it? there is one for about £64 but thats only +.

rickf 17:07 30 Dec 03

click here here it is on the homepage;Storquest 4x+r/+rw

stu1901 18:10 30 Dec 03

hi, the storquest one is only + format.
Thanks for help anyway.

tarkus 23:15 30 Dec 03

you will find that this drive is infact a rebadged BTC dvd1004 drive. This is common practice on dvd and cd drives (the latest sony dvd recorders are infact rebadged optorite drives with different front panels)as with most dvd recorders at the moment how sucsessful you are at burning depends on finding the right/best media for your drive as the quality of the media varies a great deal and buying the most expensive disks is not always the best. for any drive based on the BTC then i have found the best dvd disks to use are made by Ritek obtianable at good computer fairs the dealers there are normally very knowledgable and if you tell them which drive you have will be able to advise. i would sugest that you take a look at he following site which is dedicated to dvd / cd recorders and recording with some very knowlegable people it even has a dedicated BTC forum monitored by BTC technicians
click here you'll need to register with them to post messages on the forum but you'll find all the info you'll ever need there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…