Pictbridge compatible MF printer

Ex plorer 09:34 04 Mar 14
Answered

Hi my brother wants to be able to print photos direct from his Canon SX280 camera that's pictbridge compatible.

Also to be a MF wireless printer, he doesn't have a PC at the moment but will be purchasing soon.

After reading many reviews on ink-jet printers I never noticed any of the printers supporting pictbridge, or is it that its a standard feature on all printers these days.

I prefer Canon or Epson myself,I did look at the Canon Pixma MG6350 but the cartridge replacements are around £8.50 to £11.20 each. Although compatibles £20.00 for a set of six.

If you would like to give advice on a printer the price is around £120.00 that he would like to pay.

Ex plorer 10:17 05 Mar 14

Still researching MF printers, although printers have moved on with wireless, and cloud, etc. they still seem to be greedy on ink and ink costing a small fortune.

Looking at whats available in the sub £120 and reading reviews I am finding it more difficult to buy a MF printer than I have done in the past.

I may have to look at just a dedicated printer and see what change I have for a scanner. Just preferred it in all one unit.

Maybe £120 just wont cut it to day for a decent home use MF printer.

Woolwell 13:20 05 Mar 14
Answer

The Epson Expression XP-615 has a card reader and seems to meet your specs and can be had for less that £100 Amazon

Ex plorer 09:48 06 Mar 14

Thank you woolwell I did take a look at this MF printer and must have missed the pictbridge.

It does tick all the boxes and I have spent some time looking for a compatible ink, I think I have come up with a reliable place to purchase from.

If you have any comments on compatible inks let me know.

Woolwell 10:55 06 Mar 14

I have a different model of Epson and I don't use compatibles but do use Epson higher capacity cartridges. I find the running costs with these high yield XL cartridges is quite reasonable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now