Photoshop Elements Upgrade

Fishbox 11:03 28 Nov 06

Bought Photoshop Elements 2.0 some time ago but have only just got round to using it!
Should I try to "master" this first or is version 5.0 so much more user-friendly and versatile that an upgrade would be useful?
I note that the Upgrade software from Amazon.com is only about £6 cheaper than the Full version.
Is there any advantage in buying the dearer, Full version of 5.0?
Any recommendations for a book to help with 5.0?

spuds 13:00 28 Nov 06

Regarding the book, I generally find that a quick look in the local 'good' library solves most problems initially, as different people have different views. Failing that, somewhere like Borders bookstores or PC World for a quick browse and possible purchase.

Kate B 13:03 28 Nov 06

Can you upgrade from version 2.0 to 5.0? It might be too big a leap. My experience of the various flavours of Elements is that they have become progressively more user-friendly and streamlined and also now includes Album, which I think was sold separately when Elements 2.0 was around.

ened 13:24 28 Nov 06

I have just installed version iv from two.
There was no upgrade option, in fact during installation a message came up saying that I would have both but could only use one.

I aborted the installation and removed V.2 first.

One of the features I miss from version 2 is the File Browser. It is still there but in it's own window and has so much more about it, which took some getting used to.

I have read other Forums where people have preferred V.2. Having used it awhile I disagree.

A useful site: click here

BRYNIT 14:22 28 Nov 06

You could always go to the Adobe web site click here and down load the 30 day trial of Photoshop Elements 5 to see if you like it. The file is 467MB.

hssutton 14:44 28 Nov 06

I'm a PS user so cannot offer advice from a personal standpoint, however a number of photographers that I'm acquainted with, say that Elements 5 is much easier that 2 and also far superior.

Scott Kelby is a well respected author, so check out the price on Amazon. Also you will find loads of tutorials by Googling "Elements 5 tutorials".

Adobe also provide quite a lot, but you will probably have to register to gain access to them.

click here

Fishbox 14:58 29 Nov 06

Adobe customer support tell me that I can upgrade from the FULL version 2.0 (which I have) using the version 5.0 UPGRADE software.
The upgrade pack is about £6-50 cheaper than the Full, based on Amazon.com prices.
Amazon are cheaper than Adobe and,when I last looked on ebay,people were bidding well beyond the Amazon price and had postage to add on top!!!
Thanks all for your useful advice and helpful suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant