Photos through dvd player

MIKE 13:12 02 May 04

I have recently archived my family photos and store them on cd's.
Is it possable to veiw these photos on my television through a dvd player. I don't particularly want to purchase one unless I can do this.
If that is not possable what other method is there to view these photos?

Many thanks for any assistance in this matter

961 13:36 02 May 04

Yes it is

However, cd burners and dvd players do not always see eye to eye

Loads of information at click here

The only sound advice is that when you are ready to buy a dvd player you take a cd of photos that you have burner on your pc and go to somewhere like Comet or Currys or Dixons where all the dvd players are on show and see which players will play your dvd.

It's not always evident but most of these stores have the dvd players on display connected to a loop which enables them to show pictures on a nearby tv

Alternatively, buy your dvd player at Argos, where you can return within 16 days, or Richer Sounds who usually are quite helpful with this sort of question and will usually exchange and also demonstrate your disc on players vthey have in stock

HXP 16:06 02 May 04

I brought a DVD player from RicherSounds (local stores listed on the web) multi region and plays jpeg (pictures) and mp3's.

Give them a ring they are really helpful, know their stuff and I got my Pioneer for £65 and it's very good.

It is a good idea to take a disk along for a demo as firs DVd player I brought ( from Curry's - not very helpful blamed me, my disks , my burner etc)would only play low res jpeg as it had a limited on baord memeory - but this one does full 4mpixel photos.

The other option is to use something like pinnacle Studio8 which turns your still photo's onto a movie so you just load and go and it will play just like a film but with 'frozen' images that change every few seconds - much faster and slicker as you can add menu's - def worth the money.

Make sure your DVD and DVD burner use the same media -R for the Panasonic in my case.

Of the two methods the Pinnacle route is better as it lets you be more creative, pictures display faster but you do lose some image quality but on a tv unnoticable.

I have done both and all worked really well.High quality slower loaded jpegs or fast slightly lower qaulity 'movie' mode.

Hope that helps

g0nvs 16:44 02 May 04

Both these programs work very well, either create a CD or DVD slideshow for your DVD player.
click here & click here
Hope this may help you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…