Photos and music get lost on vista

becka2009 19:39 19 Jul 09

When i turn my laptop on and put pictures on from my phone into folders or download some music. After i had finished what i was doing i would turn my laptop off. Then the next time i would come on my laptop again all the music and pictures that were there had gone but i dont know where they go. Thank you for any responses your help would be appreciated.

chub_tor 19:54 19 Jul 09

Have you tried a Search for *.mp3 or *.jpg to find which folder they are in?

becka2009 20:08 19 Jul 09

I have just tried that but nothing happened but thank you. Can i try anything eles please thank you

Kevscar1 11:28 20 Jul 09

have you searched for the folder names.

becka2009 12:41 20 Jul 09

Yes but nothink at all is on the laptop when i turn my laptop on it says something about a temprey log in .Then it says when i download stuff or put stuf on my laptop it wont save it will be lost.

chub_tor 16:33 20 Jul 09

So the problem is not that your pictures going missing it is that you are not allowed to save them because you have only a Temporary Account.

According to Microsoft click here a temporary account is created if the user's account has been accidentally deleted.

Click on Start, Control Panel, User Accounts and Family Safety, Add or Remove User Accounts, Create a New Account, put in your new account name and make sure that the Administrator circle has a dot in it.

You will probably have to re-boot after clicking on OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…