Photobox, ownership of my uploaded photos

setecio 13:28 04 Nov 08

If I upload photos to photobox click here do they steal any kind of copyright when I do that. The terms state this, however that could be read any way they want ! : (eg. do I already own such rights without actually applying for them legally?)

>>>
You retain all intellectual property rights, including copyright, in those images that you have uploaded to our websites or emailed to us where you already own such rights. We are the owner (or the licensee) of all intellectual property rights in our websites.

Sheepish 13:55 04 Nov 08

I believe (but may be wrong) English law is that if you take a photo off your own bat you own the copyright, if someone commissions you to take a photo then they own the copyright unless there is an agreement to the contrary. (Professional photographers contracts will be explicit about copyright matters).

hssutton 14:45 04 Nov 08

From photobox T&Cs "You retain all intellectual property rights, including copyright, in those images that you have uploaded to our websites or emailed to us where you already own such rights. We are the owner (or the licensee) of all intellectual property rights in our websites."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac