Photo stitch

steve263000 13:16 21 Dec 05

Hi gang,

I would like to be able to "stitch" some of photos together to make a panoramic photo. I could do this on a old program, but using the Microsoft 10 package, I cannot find a way of doing it. I also have paint shop, but so far have not had time to play around to much and find out where the facility is. Could anyone point me in the direction of this with either of these two programs. Other than this, is there a free program that I can download to make panoramic shots.

wjrt 13:45 21 Dec 05
  anchor 13:51 21 Dec 05

Some time ago, Pixmaker used to give a free version away; Pixmaker Lite; (not any longer though). It works OK but it does leave a narrow bottom strip with their name on, but you can trim this off.

I still have a copy and you can download it from here:

click here

As mentioned by wjrt, another is Autostitch & is free, despite what is says it is NOT a demo version. It is rather slow.

click here

steve263000 15:04 21 Dec 05

Thank you to wjrt and anchor for the help. I will download them both when I get a few minutes over the holiday season. If anyone has any ideas about the other two programs I would still like to here them. Apart from that may I wish everyone in the forum, including of course the editors, and Happy Christmas.click here

anchor 15:39 21 Dec 05

You`re welcome; have fun.

I see from your own site that you come from Wales, possibly Cardiff. You probably know Penarth, and may like to see the 360 degree moving panorama I made of their new marina.

click here

Actually this was made with Photovista.

ps: I have MS digital Image pro v.10, and you can stitch pictures together with it.

Open the programme, click on help, and select "how to". Type in Panoramic stitching.

As far as I know PShopPro does not stitch, even in the new version 10.

pj123 16:37 21 Dec 05

I use Ulead Cool 360. Not free but good.

Just found this on a Google search, seems to be free.

click here

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

"Free Panorama Creator/Photo Stitcher"

anchor 17:02 21 Dec 05

pj123: Your link is for Autostitch. This is the one that both myself and wjrt referred to. It is an effective programme, but one needs to get some experience with the settings to obtain the best results.

Having done many, many panoramas over a few years, I find that there is no perfect one for every series of shots. I use mostly either Pixmaker Pro or Photovista, in that order; (both not free).

I have not tried Cool 360, so cannot comment on it.

Another programme is Panorama Factory, which I did not find very effective despite its excellent interface. The free Pixmaker Lite referred to in my previous posting is much better.

steve263000 07:08 22 Dec 05

Thanks to those who have responded. I will close it now, but feel free to comment if you want. Anchor I know that area well, and have been there a few times. You have done a great job with Photovista, and I might have a look myself next year.

All the best, and a Happy Christmas. Steve.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…