Phone/PDA+SatNav

johndere 14:18 28 Aug 06

I'm going to replace my current phone with hopefully a pda and/or phone that comes with sat-nav with it. But which make & model do i go for, someone suggested to me the Nokia 6680? Oh and as cheap as possoble.

Dizzy Bob 16:02 28 Aug 06

Whether you have a contract with the mobile phonw will make a massive difference to the price.

I use a T-Mobile MDA compact (which is a rebadged imate Jam) The phone was free on my contract, and is a windows based PDA/Phone, but slightly smaller than a standard PDA, and fits in my top pocket nicely.

I have added tomtom mobile to this (£200) which works like an absolute dream.

I could have had the co-pilot software much cheaper, but the ease of use, popularity of tomtom(and thus more add-ons available ie voices, speed cameras etc) made the tomtom the right option for me.

The phone has bluetooth but not wi-fi. I believe 'this years' model (MDA Vario) also has wi-fi which would be handy for VOIP calls.

There are quite a few smartphones on the market now, some running windows, some running a version of symbian (i think the Nokia's are symbian based)

I have also added a car charger for the phone (£6 on ebay) and a small holder for the dashboard (£10 Halfords)

If you are looking to buy the phone outright (PAYG or SIM Free) I think you will be looking in the region of £150-£200.

Good Luck,

DB

ANDY-212408 19:20 07 Sep 06

Have just purchased a Mio A701 phone / gps / and PDA all in one unit. Superb - I cannot recommend it enough.
Quite expensive at £430 (inc GPS software) sim free but as i say well worth it.
Look for the reviews on google and you will see how well it has been received.
Hope this helps

dwaynedibbly 21:56 07 Sep 06

Just bought myself an Ipaq 6340 from
click here
Its old(ish) tech, but it does just what I need, pda functions and mobile phone in one. The factory refurb unit set me back £270 (incl delivery and vat) so not a bad price.
Its also sim free which leaves you free to choose your network.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…