Phone scam emails warn of Microsoft "updates"

TOPCAT® 14:42 25 Jan 03

Another ruse to get your dosh! TC.

click here

powerless 18:13 25 Jan 03

^

TECHNODIMWIT 18:44 25 Jan 03

bit suspect on a mobile, cant remember if you give m/soft phone No when registering, but most would giv there bt No not there mobile No. if on a company mobile (as is most of the junk messages get) I would just delete and inform systems of the message. though i`m amazed just how much spam is sent to my company phone, but i never recieve any on my private No, both No`s are only given to thse who need them.

mark

leo49 18:59 25 Jan 03

Actually this could be quite a cost-effective scam - God knows there are enough eejits prepared to believe anything they receive in an email[How many Teddy bears were deleted?]. 0871 numbers are non-geograhic national numbers,and according to the following can be obtained free with a rake off from each call.

click here

Regards

Stuartli 20:34 25 Jan 03

Someone has clearly made ingenious, but nevertheless aggravating advantage of these 'phone numbers which are oten used by computer users.

For instance, if you obtain a fax to e-mail number such as the one I have from Tiscali (used to be FaxMe.com until it packed up), Tiscali receives a portion of the phone charge paid by the fax sender for the use of the phone number.

I'm quite happy with that as I get the personal fax number free of charge...:-)

graham 20:22 26 Jan 03

a scam where you got an urgent text asking you to ring this 0906 number. When you rang you got engaged tone, so you rang again. This was a premium rate number and the engaged tone was from an answerphone!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017