phone pouch damaged phone

Desperate-Dan 18:19 16 Apr 09

Hi, I bought a phone pouch on Amazon about 4 weeka ago, about the same time I bought a mobile phone, at first I was pleased with the phone pouch, until I started to notice a small aria of paint on the phone has worn away, when I looked in side the phone pouch, there is a metal stud that holds the belt clip, the stud is covered by a thin layer of felt, the felt had word thruogh exposing the metal stud, which took the pain of my phone, I emailed the seller on amazon and told him of the problem he gave me a refund for the pouch, and said he hasn't had a problem with the pouch before, I have emailed him again and asked about compensation for my phone, that was two days ago still no reply, do you think I could get compensation.

birdface 18:41 16 Apr 09

Maybe.I suppose you would have to prove it was the proper pouch for that particular phone.Maybe find out how much it costs from the phone manufacturer to replace that part and then send it to whoever sold you the pouch.If part of Amazon you would probably stand a fair chance of getting compensation for the repair.
I suppose it could drag on for a few months and you have to think if it is worth while continuing.

Anyhow I wish you the best of luck.

Forum Editor 18:42 16 Apr 09

from Speakers Corner.

dagnammit 18:45 16 Apr 09

I had an experience a few years back with the same problem. All I got was a refund and a replacement pouch from the shop - no compo for the cosmetic damage to the phone.

Since then I usually use click over hard plastic cases or just screen protectors on my small devices.

dagnammit 18:46 16 Apr 09

I had an experience a few years back with the same problem. All I got was a refund and a replacement pouch from the shop - no compo for the cosmetic damage to the phone.

Since then I usually use click over hard plastic cases or just screen protectors on my small devices.

Forum Editor 18:48 16 Apr 09

You're obviously entitled to a refund on the pouch as it was not 'fit for purpose' under current consumer legislation.

The fact that the pouch damaged your phone may well entitle you to claim for compensation, provided the seller said, or implied, that the pouch was suitable for your model of phone. Otherwise it might be the case that it was up to you to make sure that the pouch was suitable.

In any event, you would have to make a claim for compensation, and if the seller refused, or ignored you altogether you would have to take action via the small claims court. You might win your case, but you would need to make a judgement as to whether the damage to your phone was such that it was worth risking the court fee, which you would lose if your claim was unsuccessful.

Desperate-Dan 19:29 16 Apr 09

The the pouch was advertised as for a samsung G600 phone, my phone is a Samsung G600, its only taken a small aria of paint off, but if I was to sell the phone I would l lose money on it.

interzone55 09:07 17 Apr 09

If you tried to take the seller to Small Claims court it will cost you at least £30 to file the claim - you can include this in the costs you recover should you win, but you still have to pay this up front when you make your claim.

You will need to obtain a full street address for the seller as well, you can't file papers against a PO box or email address.

click here

dagnammit 10:37 17 Apr 09

Oh a G600?

The local Argos had silver G600s in clearance for £62.00 just yesterday.

With the phone not worth much in the first place I'd say put it down to experience.

alB 16:36 17 Apr 09

Just an idea, but might it be worth buying a replacement cover, (I guess it's the back one), maybe the pouch seller would stump up a couple of quid towards it ...alB
click here

The Moog 20:53 17 Apr 09

I know it is scant consolation but unfortunately, in my past bitter experience, I have found it is alarmingly easy to inflict cosmetic damage on the G600, especially when it comes down to removing that top layer of paint from the metal parts of the phone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac