Phone number for Dabs??

plankton 12:50 01 Sep 03

I suppose this is a stupid question, but IS there a phone number for Dabs, so that I can ask a person a very simple question? I've tried by e-mail, but it's obviously a bit complicated to read/answer.

P.S. I am NOT having a go at Dabs. (Yet). ;o)

-pops- 14:02 01 Sep 03

Tried directory enquiries? click here

plankton 14:08 01 Sep 03

Thanks, I already phoned, it's an answer machine that cuts you off after telling you to contact them electronically. I have tried e-mail again, asking the question in an even simpler format. ;o)

Hazlitt 14:09 01 Sep 03

If there isn't a phone number at the Dabs website, the question you've got to ask is why. It's not a good idea to do business with a firm that deliberately conceals its phone number.

-pops- 14:15 01 Sep 03

But have you tried DQ? I remember another company who had a similar system to the one you describe but going to directories gave me a "real number" that got a response. Worth a try - doesn't cost (unlike phoning for a number!)

plankton 14:16 01 Sep 03

They do explain that they are trying to cut down on the one-to-one, and thereby the costs presumably, by doing ALL their non-corporation work over the net. But I am starting to think like yourself - it is a simple question I want to ask.... :o)

plankton 14:23 01 Sep 03

Yes, I got the number from "DQ" - Dabs don't list a number on the web anymore. (it says since last September). Thanks anyway.

-pops- 14:42 01 Sep 03

Is this the number you tried 0870 429 3000?

You could try increasing the number by one digit at a time to see if you get anyhere that way e.g. 3001, 3002 etc. My thinking is that firms that buy 0870 numbers usually buy a block of them.

plankton 14:50 01 Sep 03

Yes it is the number. Do they really? I never knew that, this site is a font of all knowledge.
:o)))

Edbanger 15:58 01 Sep 03

Try this,
Dabs Com Plc Computer Systems & Software
Tel: 01483-797676
I don't know if it works but i got it from here.

click here

Ed

plankton 16:20 01 Sep 03

Nice try - number unobtainable !!

Pops
Still trying the other methodology (got interrupted by work!). Still answerphones so far...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…