Phishing ----Amazon Account---Suspicious!

mbp 22:11 06 Feb 06

I have just received and invitation to update my Amazon Account. It sounds awfully suspicious especially when it is signed off as:

Amazon Security Departament

Look at the spelling of Department.

Perhaps the Editor could look into this and advice PCA customers!

jakimo 22:24 06 Feb 06

You can email the Amazon helpline who will look into your query

spuds 23:09 06 Feb 06

The general give-away for this type of email, is the bad spelling or incorrect parts to the domain titles. Bin it.

I get at least two a week from banks who tell me that I have an account in America.I don't and never had.

dth 12:07 07 Feb 06

oh no spuds - does that mean that all my swiss bank accounts are false too....

Stuartli 13:23 07 Feb 06

It's a scam.

Delete it.

Same for the similar Halifax scam e-mails asking you to go to an apparently genuine Halifax Online website to update your details.

No reputable financial organisation requests you to do such activities or provide security details via an e-mail.

spuds 13:57 07 Feb 06

dth-- Thanks for telling me that,I'll have to stop sending you emails ;o)

interzone55 14:07 07 Feb 06

Why is it that I never get these scam emails?

Is it something to do with the fact that I don't use ebay and don't have a paypal account?

Could just be a coincidence, but it seems that everyone I know that uses ebay also gets deluged with spam.

mbp 17:46 07 Feb 06

I emailed Amazon.co.uk and they have confirmed that they were not responsible for the Renewal request. That I should not respond to it and to delete it. They have been alerted. Hope none of you guys get sucked in!

I have not used my Amazon account for several months now. Where are they harvesting my account membership from?

spuds 18:41 07 Feb 06

mbp-They are not, just random selection. Then when you click on it, they have positive contact!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…