Phillips Laptop Advice

Richardmcfc 20:19 02 Jan 09

Seen this laptop at a reasonable good price for what seems a high spec. click here

Has anyone ever had one of these laptops or even one made by Phillips? The only thing putting me off at the moment is that Phillips although well reknowned for electrical goods dont really make laptops and Ive read that the electrical support isnt that good. Does anyone have any comments or experience with the laptop or Phillips itself.

Thanks

canarieslover 20:26 02 Jan 09

I believe that the Philips brand name for computers has been bought by PC World. They are not actually produced by Philips. They are not even listed on Philip website and are only available from PC World.

curofone 20:32 02 Jan 09

To the best of my knowledge philips do not actually make laptops and what this infact is, is a rebadged Advent and therefore in my opionion should be avoided at all costs.

There are a few hp's and sony's around the same price that will be much better, the might have slightly weaker processors but the average user will not notice the small difference in processor power and it is a small price to pay when you are considering you will buying a quality brand

Richardmcfc 21:30 02 Jan 09

Ive seen them at Currys aswell as PC World for the same price.

canarieslover 21:43 02 Jan 09

Curry's are part of the Dixons group as are PC World.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…