Philips TV screen saver?

muddypaws 10:10 AM 11 Dec 11

I have a Philips 32PFL5405H/05. I have been through the user manuals and am unable to find a screen saver option to use when playing a load of mp3 files to avoid any possible screen burn from the album cover display. I can use the 'Home' button to bring up the home screen and could also use the 'Scenea' option for a photo. I am looking for a 'floater' type effect. Wondered if anyone has found anything.

NORFOLK SPARKY 16:10 PM 11 Dec 11

Do you need a screen saver. I thought that was only needed with CRT TV not with new LCD or plasma

muddypaws 20:34 PM 11 Dec 11

NORFOLK SPARKY You may be right. Will Google it.

muddypaws 20:39 PM 11 Dec 11

Found this, although thread was started in 2006. screen burn

Woolwell 11:20 AM 12 Dec 11

It's image persistence in an LCD TV that you have to watch out for LCD TV's. However I think that the chances of it being permanent are low. What does the manual state about leaving it on a static image?

muddypaws 12:53 PM 12 Dec 11

Woolwell The online manual doesn't mention it strangely. I think I will occasionally switch to the menu screen that is basically dark grey or black. I posted as I have loaded about 2-3 hours of Xmas music onto a usb and I was concerned about the bright mp3 logo in the centre of the screen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016