Philips TV screen saver?

muddypaws 10:10 AM 11 Dec 11

I have a Philips 32PFL5405H/05. I have been through the user manuals and am unable to find a screen saver option to use when playing a load of mp3 files to avoid any possible screen burn from the album cover display. I can use the 'Home' button to bring up the home screen and could also use the 'Scenea' option for a photo. I am looking for a 'floater' type effect. Wondered if anyone has found anything.

NORFOLK SPARKY 16:10 PM 11 Dec 11

Do you need a screen saver. I thought that was only needed with CRT TV not with new LCD or plasma

muddypaws 20:34 PM 11 Dec 11

NORFOLK SPARKY You may be right. Will Google it.

muddypaws 20:39 PM 11 Dec 11

Found this, although thread was started in 2006. screen burn

Woolwell 11:20 AM 12 Dec 11

It's image persistence in an LCD TV that you have to watch out for LCD TV's. However I think that the chances of it being permanent are low. What does the manual state about leaving it on a static image?

muddypaws 12:53 PM 12 Dec 11

Woolwell The online manual doesn't mention it strangely. I think I will occasionally switch to the menu screen that is basically dark grey or black. I posted as I have loaded about 2-3 hours of Xmas music onto a usb and I was concerned about the bright mp3 logo in the centre of the screen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…