Philips Freeline Brand

Genius1 14:05 16 May 06

Just out of curiosity, what do people think of the Philips Freeline brand of PCs and laptops? I currently have a Freeline LS2000 PC bought in December 2005, and have been very happy with it (specs etc.). However, one slight problem I have is that the case is constantly very hot and the fan is very noisy. Any comments anyone?

Genius1 14:05 16 May 06

Make that December 2004!...

Terry Brown 15:01 16 May 06

I had a similar problem, with another computer, the problem was the Power supply was virtually touching the top of the case (causing it to get hot and vibrate the case.
My solution:- I had quite a bit of space between the bottom of the power unit and the motherboard, so I re-drilled the fixing holes approx 0.7mm below the originals to give an air space.
Another possibility(noise) is that the power unit is not a close fit to the case, solution- get some small fibre washers, and fit them to the screws, then re-tighten.
If this is the cause you best solution might be to try and get a smaller (external dimention) powr unit and fit that.
You could also fit a larger processor fan , that runs slower, (less vibration),but does the same job.
Good Luck
Terry

Genius1 10:26 17 May 06

Thanks Terry, I'll look into this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…