Personal email address

onthelimit 17:45 28 Jul 10

A friend wants to set up a personal address that can be accessed from any PC (a friend of hers has a .org address). She doesn't mind paying (a bit) and doesn't want Gmail or Hotmail types. I've Googled this, but the choice is huge. Anyone any recommendations from personal experience, please.

Forum Editor 18:16 28 Jul 10

tell her to register her own domain name, and have it hosted - the cost will be small, and she will be able to send and read her mail from any computer, via her host's webmail service.

PalaeoBill 20:03 28 Jul 10

I was with HeartInternet who I can recommend but my old company Softdev made me a better (free) offer which was hard to argue with so I switched. It has been faultless for the last couple of years. I have neighbours who use justhost and are very happy.

Heart click here
Softdev click here
JustHost click here

They all seem to be around the £2 a month for web and mail hosting, and a few pounds a year for the domain name.

onthelimit 21:32 28 Jul 10

Thanks all, I'll let her know.

jaraba 23:32 28 Jul 10

Try click here.
I have used them from various computors all over the place to get my eamil.

Kevscar1 06:51 29 Jul 10

What is her objection to hotmail. I can get my messages any where in the world simply by logging in to there website and it doesn't cost me a penny.

walesrob 09:07 29 Jul 10

Fastmail. click here

Have used these guys for years, they are the best in paid email services, with many features many other email providers do not provide.

I have also tried many other email services as well, so I'm speaking from experience. I would say Hotmail are the worst (even AOL email is better), and Gmail is the best of the freebies.

I echo FE's words, buy your own domain, and host the email for free at Gmail.

Or get a email account at Fastmail and host your domain's email with them. Other paid quality email providers worth considering is EuMX, Slashmail, Tuffmail and Runbox.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…