People with Tiscali 2Mb broadband

Armchair 11:40 13 Jan 08

Looks like they've done away with it, and the only option left is 8Mb, for the same price. Can I just automatically upgrade to 8Mb now?

How long has 8Mb been the only option? I haven't checked their site for ages!

Or am I mssing something important here?

Armchair 12:50 13 Jan 08

I've upgraded it. Don't know when or if it'll take effect, but it's done. They could have sent me an email about this, though.

Stuartli 12:53 13 Jan 08

If Tiscali has installed its LLU equipment in your local exchange then the upgrade is (normally) automatic.

See:

click here

to check your exchange details.

Stuartli 12:53 13 Jan 08

I trust you are not complaining about being upgraded to "up to 8MB"...:-)

Armchair 12:59 13 Jan 08

Thanks for that. Could be one of two exchanges. both LLU enabled, but I haven't had any upgrade. My max. download rate is till about 230 kb/s or whatever.

Armchair 13:00 13 Jan 08

"I trust you are not complaining about being upgraded to "up to 8MB"...:-)"

No, I'm complaining about NOT being upgraded to "up to 8Mb"!

SeanUK 13:57 13 Jan 08

Well, just wanted to add that I'm also on Tiscalli 2mb (have been for a few months). Even when I was on 2mb they were maxing my line at 4-5mbs. They recently sent a letter saying they are upgrading all users to their maximum speed(up to 8mb) this coming January. It's FREE, and all you have to do is wait. I think ;)

SeanUK 13:57 13 Jan 08

Well, just wanted to add that I'm also on Tiscalli 2mb (have been for a few months). Even when I was on 2mb they were maxing my line at 4-5mbs. They recently sent a letter saying they are upgrading all users to their maximum speed(up to 8mb) this coming January. It's FREE, and all you have to do is wait. I think ;)

Armchair 14:04 13 Jan 08

I hate winkers!

I've applied for the upgrade manually, via their website. It reckons the maximum speed my line can support is 6 to 8 Mb, so we'll see what happens.

Armchair 14:07 13 Jan 08

Btw, do you reckon this Speedtouch modem will be up to the job?!

Stuartli 14:38 13 Jan 08

I would be surprised if Tiscali was providing 4MB-5MB on a 2MB service.

It's more likely that you are already switched over the "up to 8MB" - I only found out by accident earlier this year...:-)

The Speedtouch can be upgraded for "up to 8MB" by downloading and installing the latest drivers; however, a modem router will prove far more efficient whether wired or wireless.

See:

click here

for Speedtouch 330 drivers (after Vista versions).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5