Pentax or Nikon Digicam ?

bremner 13:20 07 Aug 04

My Fuji digital camera has bit the dust and I am in the market for a replacement.

I have come down to two

The Pentax Optio 550 or the Nikon Coolpix 5200.

I want a camera that uses SD cards as I already have 2 x 256MB and 1 x 512MB.

Has anyone good or bad things to report on either of these two cameras please.

Thanks

Cook2 15:30 07 Aug 04

click here , hope it helps you decide.

Stuartli 16:08 07 Aug 04

Rather than rely on someone else's views, you would be better going to Jessops and asking to use and handle both cameras and take shots with them yourself.

I wouldn't normally suggest using a retailer in this manner (too many people do it with all types of products and then go elsewhere to save a few pounds), but Jessops does offer to match any other prices if it is within its means.

Every camera handles and operates differently and you need to know you will be comfortable with one before actually getting out the plastic.

bremner 16:52 07 Aug 04

Staurtli

Already done that as part of my research and I for one have no problem with this.

If the retailer will do me a good deal that is there or there abouts I will purchase form them otherwise it's just 'research'.

What I am after is hands on experience.

bremner 16:56 07 Aug 04

Thanks for that - have used it for reviews that have led me to these two.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…