pda problem connecting to pc

Cynthia-230412 20:22 07 Jul 03

Hi..I have an Ipaq 3970 and cant seem to sync. although I use the cradle/usb/ or even infrared! it's driving me nuts!!! am not a pc whizz but could sure use some help please!!

AdeJ 20:38 07 Jul 03

..such as operating system, hardware, and Activesync version?

davidg_richmond 22:20 07 Jul 03

Have you just installed it? I often see the problem where a customer has installed ActiveSync, and it is asking you to connect the PDA so that it can connect to ActiveSync (the USB/COM1+COM2 scanning dialog). Problem is, the PDA drivers have not yet been installed. Solution is to close ActiveSync and connect the PDA. It should go through the usual device driver setup asking for your CD, then after that you should be able to get the sync to work.

If this does not go to plan straight away, go into Device Manager (right click on My Computer, then Properties, then Device Manager in Win98/ME, or in XP the second tab along then the devices button). Remove any reference to the PDA under USB devices. Then try again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…