PCWorld - New Stock

acsmanhtml12 10:10 05 Nov 06

Now I've seen everything. PCWorld selling Running machines etc. If you don't believe check out the left navi @ pcworld.co.uk

spuds 11:09 05 Nov 06

???

Forum Editor 11:17 05 Nov 06

to use an industry buzz-word.

If you have a customer base which is composed of technology-aware people the chances are good that many of them would be interested in sports equipment. Floorspace might as well sell fitness machines as computers - money is money, when all is said and done.

RicScott 11:45 05 Nov 06

they are 'computerised' running machines...lol

Al94 12:18 05 Nov 06

Probably be selling "lads magazines" next then?

I look forward to them selling overpriced tins of beans in the near future; just as Aldi sell computers.

season8 15:51 05 Nov 06

This is just the start of pcworld diversifying into new markets and offering products that they feel "their" customers would use. Could be selling cars next!

spuds 16:16 05 Nov 06

I mentioned the diversity or branching out to other products that PCW were taking, a few months ago in the forum. I use two fairly local PC World stores, and only the other day, I made a visit and was beginning to wonder if they were changing into furniture stores. I stood more chance of falling over a desk or chair, than falling over a 5 ream pack of printer paper. Even the 'Bargain Corner' had vanished.

philly73 19:40 05 Nov 06

think i'll wait till the new year when they are vista installed LOL

oresome 21:07 05 Nov 06

PCWorld

Physical Conditioning World ?

namtas 21:12 05 Nov 06

It means that they are not making the sales targets due to stiff competition and as they struggle to meet turn over quotas, they have to sell something. It enforces what we were saying some time ago that being the sole guy on the street does not mean you are the smartest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…