PCWorld 3 year insurance

logrin 15:31 15 Jan 04

I was persuaded to buy a three year insurance cover from PC world when I bought my laptop. Cost £399!! I was told that they would be always there to help out if I had any problems.
Not so, only if there are hardware faults.
I found that there wasn't a serial port and couldn't use my PDA cradle, PC world don't sell USB/Serial adapters, so I bought one from Maplin. When I had problems attaching it (see helpline) I took the computer and bits to the local shop and asked for help to attach it. No way, they don't attach anything that wasn't bought in their shop. The PDA was bought there years ago.
Not much value for £400!
My pal tells me that I have wasted my money, if his packs up after the first year he would drop it and claim on his home insurance, perhaps I am too naive, so before paying out, don't listen to the salesman who gets a fat commission but read the small print.
Logrin

Godfather2004 15:47 15 Jan 04

I have pc world insurance- threy told first it was only hardware, and they have been there when i have needed them- i coudnt get my pc insured by the people i insure the hiouse so i bought it from them!

Jarvo 16:24 15 Jan 04

So its your friends fault everyones insurance costs are going up and some house insurances wont insure laptops!

Any insurance no mater how exspensive wont cover the instalation of third party adaptors. Have you tried going back to Maplin or the adaptors website? I have adaptor from maplin works fine post link to your helproom thred see if I can help.

If you are not sure how copy and past address from address bar

Jarvo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…