PCW Now Sell Modding Equipment

Q-Bie 14:37 04 Aug 03

Well well,

There I was going into work this weekend, and boy did my eyes light up when I walked in :p

We now sell lots of LED Fans, Neon Hard Drive Cables, Huge Heatsinks.... By Antec, Akasa, Coolermaster etc...

-drool-

Hell, we even have clear perspex cases now, quite a turnaround for pcw lol.

I know we have the stuff @ Junction 9, not sure about some of the smaller stores, just go along to the component centre and take a look! Now, what colour light shall I buy for my case...?

Sir Radfordin 14:54 04 Aug 03

...and what kind of warranty can I get on that light bulb ;)

Q-Bie 15:31 04 Aug 03

12 months manufacturers!

Theres no coverplan code for neon lights..yet ;)

Djohn 15:35 04 Aug 03

My local PC World [Norwich] also do these lines, and have a section with "Brown box" OEM items at much less prices than the retail version. Excellent. :o)

Q-Bie 15:45 04 Aug 03

Yes, we have been selling the Brown Box OEM Components for over a year (The Component Centre) but the Modding stuff is a brand new addition.. and I like it :p

I was going to buy some stuff off the net but at least now I can have a good mosey around!

What I particularly like is we sell the UV lights, and the cables that light up when illumiated by UV. nifty!

Djohn 15:53 04 Aug 03

Must admit, I was a little unsure about coloured lights on my PC, but then I bought an HP 7350 printer from the store, and the ultra-Violet light that scans the page as it prints converted me! :o)

snoresloudly 17:11 04 Aug 03

they also do an excellent looking chrome tower case!!!! slobber slobber :o)

Q-Bie 17:19 04 Aug 03

Actually, while I've got the thread open..

What are peoples opinions of PCW diversifying into these areas as an attempt to bring the more techno savvy people back to the stores?

I know before I started working there I would hardly ever have gone there, but since we've started selling the OEM stuff, virtually all of my component purchases have been from my store, and at least when something ain't working, I can just run back and get a new one right away, or you can buy from ebuyer and wait 2 weeks for a new product or refund :p

I also have a dilemma... I have a coolermaster case with a Blue Side window (the ATC-210). Do I get a blue light, or a red one which will make it light up purple...?

Such Decisions!

Djohn 17:40 04 Aug 03

Bought the "Packard-Bell KB-500" keyboard last week, silver/blue, with chrome "Hot-Keys" lovely looking board and so small. Very soft/silent keys, almost the same as a laptop's. Very pleased with it as I use my system in the lounge and can type away without disturbing anyone. j.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:01 04 Aug 03

I have bought over 14 computr systems from PCW without any aggro or 'pushing' their warranties. They have lots of good deals, especially when they are flogging Medion computers. Anyone who wants a good all round computer will find the Emachines and Compaqs excellent. About 6 months ago I bought a wireless keyboard and mouse for £20. Like everything in life, some of their prices are more than the web stores but you can take the item with you and there is errrrm...no delivery charge. Most peripherals that I buy come from PCW.

G

Rayuk 18:14 04 Aug 03

Wanted a hard drive quickly about 9 months ago[on a Sunday]checked online prices then went to pcw and found oem at £2 more than online so worked out fine for me.

Also bought printer on special offer cheaper than any where else

If it were only a couple of pounds or pence dearer would definately get more of my business.

Its when you see say, sets of speakers £50 off and still dearer than online stores which sometimes bugs me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…