PCW GET ACT TOGETHER

computernerdiamnot 21:19 22 Mar 04

I paseed into my local PCW to get the kiddies some educational software and spotted a swivel rack with all titles at £9.99 but if you buy two you get them for £15. I picked up two got to the checkout and guess what they tried to charge £19.98, i eventually got themb for the discount rate but what bothered me most was the staff new the computer system did not regonise the deal but just stood back and waited for muggins to notice or not.

Totally-braindead 21:24 22 Mar 04

Same thing happened to my mate a few months ago.

Mango Grummit 22:21 22 Mar 04

According to the wife Supermarkets do this all the time. You gotta be alert!!

BeeWee 09:39 23 Mar 04

If this should happen to you in Tesco...their policy is to refund the full amount and you receive the item free of charge! I bought some wine online at Christmas time and was overcharged by £16.45 BUT guess what? Yes you've got it..that policy doesn't apply to goods bought online!

MisterPaul 10:59 23 Mar 04

Tesco online for a long while. I have always found that they are good when they make mistakes, always refunding the full amount for the item.

Paul

wee eddie 18:04 23 Mar 04

Tesco's want you to speak well of them, otherwise you may shop elsewhere.

PCW have little competition as yet, so as most buyers only put a very small number of purchases in their basket, the full rebate on a single mis-priced item would not be economically viable as a form of advertising.

More a Cartel than a Monopoly really.

ade.h 19:31 23 Mar 04

No less than we can expect from a company that boldly claims to be "stamping down on prices".
The don't say whose prices though...

MisterPaul 08:48 25 Mar 04

on prices in comparison with Dixons and Currys? Oh....hold on....aren't they the same company? So the only real competition is Comet? So is that why they continue to get away with charging the prices that they do (like £20 for a firewire lead).

Sorry for stating the obvious (in a somewhat cynical manner).

Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…