PCTOOLS charging 21% VAT.

longjohn75 20:26 28 Mar 07

I have just purchased "Registry Mechanic" and
"Spyware Doctor from PC-TOOLS. and to my surprise I noticed they charged 21% VAT.I thought it was an error, But no the said that as they have opened
an Office in Ireland who are in the "Euro" for finance
they are now going to charge all members of the
"Euro" 21% VAT. I pointed out that Britain is a
Member of the European Market. we have not joined the "Euro Currency". But it made no difference.
So if you are thinking of buying from them Beware. Jack Long.

Jackcoms 20:30 28 Mar 07

"So if you are thinking of buying from them Beware"

There's nothing to "Beware" about.

Their office is in Eire where the standard rate of VAT is 21%.

They are merely charging the correct VAT rate as levied in their country (in the same way that if someone living in Eire bought goods from the UK, they would be charged the UK's standard rate of 17.5%).

longjohn75 20:56 28 Mar 07

Jackcoms, Company like Symantec are based
in Ireland but they only charge 17.5%
I did not think they paid 21% but it makes no difference as the Downloads came from Autralia.
and a German firm called "Element" collect
the Money so it is just a big Rip Off.

Jackcoms 21:03 28 Mar 07

"company like Symantec are based in Ireland"

And many other countries as well click here many of which levy VAT at 17.5%

rupie 00:36 29 Mar 07

Do not forget it is where the company was registered with VaT the is important. In theory they have to pay the 21% VAT you pay to the government. THis may highlight the fact that other countries qoute VAT charges that may not be true. Each country can set its own rate. Do you know the VAT on items fron every country in the EU ?

rupie 00:39 29 Mar 07

For example Dell used to make ( or still do so) most of their computers in southern Ireland but they were not based there. You pay the vat on where the company you are paying has it s registered office

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac