PC's from ebay????

g40 20:12 18 Apr 04

I am considering buying a pc from ebay "powersellers" the reviews are good , the money is secure (paypal or cc both secure) but, i might be a mug! What do you think??

TheTerminator 20:25 18 Apr 04

I almost got ripped off by an ebay scam artist, selling a brand new dell laptop for half price... However the chap refused to give me the serial no of the laptop as I was going to check with Dell to ensure that the laptop was not stolen and was legal.
However if you're buying from a person with loads of positive ratings then I would say go for it; you should be safe! Just remember the cost of P and P on top of the cost of the computer if it's being imported from USA/Hong Kong.
Good luck

eccy92 20:30 18 Apr 04

I have been looking on there to the computers look very good don't they but are they to good to be true I will be interested to see what replys you get. On saying that though I have bought quite a few things from ebay and they have always turned up, quicker than online shops sometimes I suppose there are a few dodgy characters on there but if you read the reviews it gives you some idea what the person is like selling

Totally-braindead 21:13 18 Apr 04

A friend of mine bought a PC from Ebay for his sister and shes delighted with it, the thing I think is look at the rating of the person you're buying from and be sure what you are buying ie onboard sound, does it come with a full Windows XP disk etc, is it onboard graphics can you upgrade it if it is, that sort of thing.

g40 19:11 19 Apr 04

Thanks for the views, in case your interested i have put a couple of the pc's that ive looked at below.Thanks again, and any other comments are more than welcome,
click here

click here

click here

TomJerry 11:38 20 Apr 04

compare price with novatech click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…