PCO Group...anyone used them?

nutjob 05:19 08 Oct 09

Im after a rather expensive Gaming PC, one with either the latest ATI 5850(out of stock mos places) or more expensive ATI 5870.

Ive used Cougar Extreme before, like most was superb. But they neither have the cards in yet, and current custom rigs are overpriced by £100 or so compared to others, and also now have £20 delivery charge(wtf). So they are a no for now.

PCO Group, do have the new cards & seem very well priced.

Im just wondering if anyone has any experience with them ordering a expensive PC, the few reviews that are around, seem good, and video on Youtube of someone who bought a cheap desktop from them.

Worth taking the plunge?

Or is any other site better with new cards, seeems very few have them yet. Cyberpower systems seems only other option, reviews mixed on them.

Kevscar1 08:23 08 Oct 09

Well they have been around for a while and are registered. Always check Companies Huse as a first step

Company Details

The WebCHeck service is available from Monday to Sunday 7.00am to 12 Midnight UK Time

Name & Registered Office:
PCO GROUP LIMITED
3 DERBY ROAD
RIPLEY
DERBYSHIRE
DE5 3EA
Company No. 05102089

Date of Incorporation: 15/04/2004

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
7450 - Labour recruitment

Accounting Reference Date: 30/04
Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/04/2008 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)
Next Accounts Due: 31/01/2010
Last Return Made Up To: 15/04/2009
Next Return Due: 13/05/2010

Last Members List: 15/04/2009

Previous Names:
No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

UK Establishment Details
There are no UK Establishments associated with this company.

Oversea Company Info
There are no Oversea Details associated with this company.

OTT_Buzzard 09:28 08 Oct 09

I'm not sure kevscar's suggestion is the right company.....address is in the wrong part of the country and there business area s lsited as 'labour recruitment'.

I can't find anything else in Companies House for PCO Group that may be correct.

birdface 11:17 08 Oct 09

This one is in Huddersfield.

click here

No Security ratings on the Website from WOT so can only assume it is a pretty new company.

nutjob 11:45 08 Oct 09

Emmm.....

Maybe go elsewhere, not sure how same compnay located in different parts of country.

OTT_Buzzard 14:41 08 Oct 09

One of my ways of assessing computer companies (supplying full built PC's) is to look at the delivery lead times and payment options.

If despatch time is less than 3 days then the company stocks the components for the computer, or they are prebuilt. This is usually a good thing (not always!).

If the lead time is 3 days or more and dependant on the payment method, then the chances are that they are running restricted cash flow and should be treated with more caution. There are other reasons to do with risk mitgation why they would do that. However, the risk mitigation comes back to cash flow and stock in the end.

In the case of PCO Group, they say upto 8 days if using googlecheckout but not with protx.

Woolwell 15:11 08 Oct 09

There is PCO Group click here
and PCO Group click here
Kevscar seems to have found the second one.

paulmayer 12:11 04 Nov 09

Bought a PC from click here a few weeks back. No problems with the PC and the guys knew what they were talking about!

The PC came in 13days a little over the 10 days i think i was told, but there a reputable company and they have produced a machine which has pleased me no end!

erkmatrix 13:52 04 Nov 09

Thanks for your post Paul in giving feedback that thePCOgroup are a reputable company cause I've just posted a similar thread today, never saw this one about them as I want to buy a new PC and they quoted the best price and wanted to find out more about them.

Did someone recommend them to you, or had you read somewhere they were good before you purchased.

paulmayer 14:01 04 Nov 09

yea a mate recommended them to me as they bought a high end machine which was a beast! haha. They seem to be getting a good reputation around the market at the minute compared to a lot of bad we hear on forums.
What system you thinking of buying from them?

erkmatrix 14:16 04 Nov 09

I was wanting to buy this

SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5
Intel Core i7 920 Overclocked to 3.8Ghz
Cool it Domino A.L.C
Asus P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard
6GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz C9 Triple Channel
Cooler Master ATCS 840 in silver
with OCZ GameXStream 850W
Two Crucial M225 64GBSSD drives in raid0
then Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB hard disk for storage
LG GH22NS50 SATA DVDRW
Windows 7 64 bit home

hopefully be a beast too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017