PCI PCMCIA Adapter or Other Brand Hardware

slaveofconvention 23:59 20 Apr 03

Anyone know where I can get a PCI card that will allow me to use 16 AND 32 bit PCMCIA cards in my desktop PC?
I recently bought Dlink 22Mb wireless networking parts, specifically a 520+ PCI card and a 650+ PCMCIA card. My PC just doesnt want to know the 520, despite a full reinstallation of XP pro, but the card is fine cos it works in my second PC. As i'd prefer to stick with DLINK, I'm looking for a way to use a 650 in my main desktop. I'm ASSUMING (correct me if I shouldnt) that if i mix manufacturers, that the speed will drop to the standard 11Mbps.

There is no point looking for hardware conflicts with other parts in the PC, as I'm a bit of a techie, so don't have anything there I dont need, but this problem is startin to drive me loopy....

Can I buy a different make of 22Mb PCI (3com for example) and expect 22Mb, or am I correct in assuming the 22Mb isnt standardised the way the 11 is...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…