PCA's Best Buy - Multivision Vision Ionix Wonder

TOPCAT® 18:37 02 Mar 03

As listed in issue 92 (April) of PCA's Top 10.

Being in the market for a new PC I've just checked
the Multivision website and cannot find this model on offer. The nearest Power PC to it is the Vision Wonder ST at the same price of £1200 plus VAT. Here is the spec:

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ Processor | 512Mb PC2700 DDR333 RAM | 120Gb ATA-100 7200rpm Hard Drive | 19inch Iiyama Vision Master Pro 454 (Diamondtron M2) | Creative Soundblaster Audigy with FireWire | Creative Inspire 5300 5.1 Speakers | 128Mb nVidia GeForce 4 Ti4800 (TV-Out) | NEC 1100A DVD+RW ReWriter (4x2.4/16x10x12) | Microsoft Windows XP Home (Original CD & License) | 1 Year Onsite (Parts & Labour) + 4 Years RTB (Labour Only) | Logitech Internet Deluxe Keyboard and Scroll Mouse | Lotus Smartsuite 9.7 (OEM) | Modular Technology Digital Radio-DAB |

The monitor is different as is the graphics and sound card.

Though a respectable specification, it is not as PCA reviewed it, and leads one to think they offer for review a better machine just to get the highest accolade. I'm disappointed to say the least. TC.

click here

Taran 18:46 02 Mar 03

I've seen the same thing several times with Mesh and Evesham, among others.

You have to remember that most review PC's are just hitting the shelves (so to speak) or are about to.

Magazines typically review products that are about to be or have just been released.

Perhaps if you email Multivision with the review model details you will get a favourable response. Updating a company website to include the latest models is a permanently ongoing battle, especially where the hardware features of a PC change so quickly from month to month.

Most PC manufacturers concentrate on displaying their list of special offers and main model range.

Try contacting them. I'm sure it's nothing more than a delay in changing their site content to match the current model release.

T

TOPCAT® 20:04 02 Mar 03

I hope you're right Taran. A very good selling point, well worth consideration, is its SIX year warranty - 3 onsite and 3 RTB.

I'll contact them tomorrow about it. TC.

Patr100 20:18 02 Mar 03

Review PCs are sometimes not listed on sites eg: Nethighstreet don't list them either. You usually need to specificially request a review PC and get confirmation of specs in writing before ordering, provided it's available.

crx16 21:24 02 Mar 03

have you read page 82,some more info/specs on the 'multivision' and 'mesh'.i didnt notice from the top ten chart that the mesh has the sony 'dual-format' DVD writer.

TOPCAT® 12:54 03 Mar 03

The Multivision Vision Ionix Wonder PC will be for sale on their website from late today or definitely tomorrow. The specifications will be the same as the machine reviewed by PCA. TC.

Taran 18:04 03 Mar 03

Thanks for the feedback TC.

All's well that ends well

gdawg 15:52 08 Mar 03

I see that this thread has been 'resolved'.....but I've checked out the Multivision website - as I write it is 15:47 on Saturday 08/03/03, some 5 days after the system was apparently to be for sale on Multivision's website (or 4 from their 'definitely tomorrow'), and there's still no sign of the system on the site!

Any clues?

:-)

TOPCAT® 18:52 08 Mar 03

... that they can give such a sincere promise to me one day then renage on it without explanation. I left my contact details with them saying I was very interested in that PC, but to date no response. I even mentioned PCA and these forums, and said it was very probable other members would be interested in it. Didn't do much good did it?

I'm afraid they've now lost me as a customer.

Incidentally gdawg, I always tick my threads within a couple of days in case I lose track of them. I would have posted here back if I'd heard anything! :) TC.

gdawg 20:23 08 Mar 03

I put a thread on here about MV and the ATI Radeon 9700 Pro situation (ie their sudden shortage of stock and replacement with 9700 on their website) and had a response pretty quickly from them, so it seems they DO look on here....it's not a very good show to be giving out false information like they did to you.

I too am considering a system from them (not sure which yet!) but I've read various bad threads on here and the forums of another mag, about MV, Mesh, Evesham, Carrera SSC etc etc...I'm not sure whether any of them can be trusted! But then, as others will point out, I guess those with bad experiences are more likely to search out and post on these forums than people with good experiences. Maybe I should just buy a Playstation 2 and a typewriter! ;-)

TOPCAT® 18:25 10 Mar 03

... I am pleased to say the PCA reviewed Vision Ionix Wonder computer is now listed on their website. (See the Top Ten power PCs in the April, issue 92 of PCA magazine)

Its specification is as reviewed, and I unreservedly withdraw my previous negative comments and wish them well for the future. TC.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced