PCAdvisor misleading advertising of software

Jaklawson 01:47 27 Jul 05

Hi there!!!

The free download of Ian Fleming's Golfinger audio book advertised on the coverdisk of pcadvisor September issue, - is not availble as a free download at all..... I clicked the links . downloaded the software then when I tried to click the click here as directed to get the free download book I was redirected to a audible uk site where I could have the Goldfinger as a free book IF I suscribed to their monthly list etc... That is NOT what I have come to expect from PCADVISOR.
It is despicible that you allow such flagrant misleading advertising in such a great magazine. I have suscribed to PCAdvisor for some time. however, feel so incensed by the shoddy marketing of this that I am seriously considering removing my subscription if this is what it is becoming....
Jack Lawson

bremner 03:04 27 Jul 05

I have followed the link and the download is free.

Quote from the FAQ's

Is this really free?

Absolutely. We want you to experience Audible the way a full, paying member would, so we are offering you one free month. If you like it, you are invited to stay on as a member, paying as little as £9.49 a month, STARTING with your 2nd month. There is no commitment and you can cancel at any time.

Forum Editor 08:20 27 Jul 05

the book is completely free.

I think that the next time you're contemplating making sweeping assertions about "flagrant misleading advertising" you would do well to sit and have a serious think about reacting in such a silly manner. You might also do some research on the basics of commercial life.

The CD cover advertised "Free audio book" which is exactly what you get from the link.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:32 27 Jul 05

foot+remove+from+mouth. I found the explanantion quite simple as to what one had to do....I fear you may find Goldfinger a little difficult to read.

Al94 09:56 27 Jul 05

"I fear you may find Goldfinger a little difficult to read".

That's the whole point - you don't need to be able to read, just listen!

spuds 11:17 27 Jul 05

comment on misfortunes of others, but I fully agree with A194.There are many people out there in this 'Big Wide World' that cannot read for various reasons, and audio or carer help is the only way these people can communicate with our fellow beings.I fully appreciate Gandalf was perhaps addressing his remarks to Jaklawson, but the tone of the remark is not needed.We never know of other peoples misfortunes,unless we are in the same situation ourselves.

iscanut2 11:41 27 Jul 05

I agree that the comments aimed at Jaklawson were uncalled for. There is no call for personal jibes or criticism on these pages.

Belatucadrus 11:51 27 Jul 05

As we're referring to a magazine disk offer I think we can safely assume that all concerned are literate.
I think we can also assume comments referred to failure to read instructions properly, before making sweeping accusations.
I like audio books, particularly on long drives when the radio sucks. I have downloaded the free Goldfinger and enjoyed it. Thanks to PCA and Audible, additional volumes will be equaly appreciated.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:19 27 Jul 05

I was referring to the fact that the instructions on the site were very clear and Jaklawson, rather than read them carefully, let loose with both barrels. I would have been better to ask a question rather than launch a totally misleading thread making a serious accusation that was toitally uncalled for. /eyes double raised

Ancient Learner 22:10 27 Jul 05

It seems to me that we are getting a bit too quick at being critical of each other here. Perhaps it is a sign of the dreadful times we are living in. The gun can back fire.

This is supposed to be a friendly place to escape to, not one where we have to be careful about expressing ourselves in a civilised manner.

stalion 22:37 27 Jul 05

I could do with a raise

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…